chapter 32: Yes/No

"You know, I really think that we should do Michael Jackson for Regionals too," Mr. Schue said to Violet.

Everyone was back from winter break which means that it was time to start really planning for Regionals. It was lunchtime, but instead of hanging out with the Glee girls, Violet was meeting with Mr. Schue about what they could do for Regionals.

Violet tilted her head in thought, "I mean, you were decently successful in executing it, and it really works well with the judges. Doing music from the Jackson family, in general, gives us an advantage in accessibility because most judges will definitely know this music and it's nostalgic for them. Plus, we'd have a greater capacity of making the routines more complex."

Mr. Schue grinned, "So, we're doing Michael!"

"Well, Michael Jackson's probably one of the most well-known artists in the world. It'd be foolish of us to think that our competition might not do it, especially since we were successful with it during Sectionals."

"So what does that mean?"

Violet sighed, "I think that we should do Micheal, but I also think that we need a backup plan just in case something happens because, with the luck of this club, one of the competing teams is gonna do it."

He nodded his head, "That's a good idea. So what were you thinking as a backup plan?"

On the other side of the school, all of the Glee kids were eating their lunches outside since it was unseasonably warm

On the other side of the school, all of the Glee kids were eating their lunches outside since it was unseasonably warm. The club was split into girls and boys (with Kurt hanging out with the girls), and the girls were discussing the stolen glances between Sam and Mercedes.

The boys were on the bleachers also talking about Sam and Mercedes. Sam detailed their summer fling with smile on his face. He was determined to get Mercedes back no matter what. But then he was caught off guard.

Puck asks Sam, "Okay, but what's the deal between you and Violet? You live with your ex-girlfriend without adult supervision! That's epic!"

Sam furrowed his eyebrows, "We're just friends. Plus I just talked about how I want to get back together with Mercedes."

Artie then retorted, "Yeah, but when you're not looking at Mercedes, you're making googly eyes at Violet or even giggling with her."

Rory spoke up with his thick Irish accent, "And even when we were all spending Christmas together, you just kept staring at her. You always smile, especially when she got along with your family. Your mom also wouldn't stop talking about how great she is."

"So what? She's my best friend, and I'm hers."

"Actually, her best friend's Kurt again," Blaine replied. "Plus Artie's right. The way you look at Vi is not strictly platonic."

Mike nodded, "I've seen the looks."

Sam scoffed, "Oh yeah? When?"

"Sectionals. She was dancing her feature and singing," Mike replied almost instantaneously.