chapter 50: Glease

We're not who we used to be.
We're just two ghosts swimmin'
in a glass half empty.
Trying to remember how it
feels to have a heartbeat.

~Harry Styles, Two Ghosts

Rehearsals for Grease have been ramping up with opening night getting closer and closer

Rehearsals for Grease have been ramping up with opening night getting closer and closer. Usually Mr. Schue would take time out of Glee rehearsal to let them work on the musical, but he told the club to meet in the choir room today for an announcement.

Violet leaned her head on Sam's shoulder as he asked, "What do you think he's announcing?"

"Beats me. He didn't tell me beforehand, so I hope it's nothing important because it literally feels like I'm the only one doing work with booty camp."

Sam just chucked and kissed her forehead as Mr. Schue entered the choir room with a book in hand, and a pensive look on his face.

"Alright, guys, listen up. I have an announcement to make."

"Adele is dead," Brittany called out.

"No. I have been asked to join a blue ribbon panel to rewrite the arts curriculum nationwide."

The room erupted into congratulations and cheers. Violet just looked at him confused, silently thinking about if he was even qualified for the position, but she just stayed silent in the midst of the positivity. It was times like these where she missed Santana or Quinn's comments.

"I'll be taking a short sabbatical, which means I'm leaving McKinley at the end of the week."

Panic and confusion were then instilled into most of the Glee club members' bones, and everyone started talking over each other.

"What? This is crazy," Tina commented.

Artie protested, "But Glee Club is your life."

Mr. Schue replied, "Which is why this is only temporary. I'll be back right after sectionals."

"Wait... AFTER SECTIONALS?" Tina exclaimed.

Violet huffed silently at the announcement. She was annoyed with Mr. Schue dropping the ball like this especially since he didn't notify her about it beforehand.

"Guys, guys, calm down. Look, I- I knew I needed to find a replacement, which is why I brought in Finn Hudson."

Violet lifted her head just to see everyone's reactions because she knew that while Finn had potential, this was a lot of responsibility for someone who has only known how to lead a team and not even teach.

"Mr. Schue, Finn cannot take over Glee Club! He doesn't know what he's doing at all! Sorry, Finn," Tina exclaimed unapologetically.

Finn rose from his seat and replied, "Guys, I know I can do this. And I've got some really great ideas for sectionals."