chapter 30: Hold Onto Sixteen pt. 1

It was the week of Sectionals and the New Directions were scrambling. They didn't have a setlist or choreography. They didn't even have 12 people to compete. The Troubletones, on the other hand, were thriving. They had been practicing the past couple of weeks, and the number was coming together extremely well.

Early Monday morning, Violet was in the auditorium solidifying some of the choreography for Sectionals. She was currently trying to figure out the spacing between each performer, and if they had enough room to execute all of their moves in certain formations.

While Violet was running through their Sectionals number using counts, Shelby suddenly came onto the stage and was shocked that anyone was there that early.

"Violet, what are you doing here so early?"

Violet quickly stopped what she was doing and turned around to face Shelby. Frankly, Violet didn't know how to feel about her right now. Over the weekend, Quinn told her that Puck was sleeping with Shelby. She had an inkling that Puck was interested in Shelby, but she didn't expect them to go that far. Now, she didn't know how to look at Shelby. She slept with a student and that was completely wrong even if it was Puck.

"Um, I'm always here early. I'm just going through the number to see if there's anything that needs fixing..." Violet was avoiding eye contact with her.

Shelby smiled at the girl, "Well, I think it's great as is. You've really hard on this. You just need to let it pay off." Violet just nodded and started to walk away from Shelby when she noticed that Violet seemed off. "Did I do something wrong?"

Violet whipped around, "Are you sleeping with Puck?"

She was taken aback by Violet's question. How'd she find out? Were they being that obvious? "Puck's 18."

Violet slowly walked towards Shelby again, "Did you sleep with him though?"

"I don't see how that's any of your business."

Violet sighed and crossed her arms, "So you are."

Shelby was flustered, but then she just sighed and took a seat. "It was once, and he just kept trying to be with me. It felt nice, but as soon as I was done, I knew it was wrong."

"I know you're a great teacher, but what you did wasn't right. I know that Puck wasn't coerced or anything, but you're still a teacher. I'm not gonna tell especially with Sectionals right around the corner, but you need to make sure it never happens again."

She nodded, "I know. I just have to ask though... how'd you find out?"

Violet went to go get her things, "I heard from Quinn, and I think that she might do something rash." and with that, she left Shelby thinking about what she should do next.

§ § §

Later in the day, the Troubletones were rehearsing for Sectionals after school. Violet was running dance warmups before they got into rehearsing their number when Kurt texts her something about how Sam was making them sing country. Violet did a double-take at the text. Sam? No, it couldn't be... right?

Santana noticed Violet looking at her phone intently, so she automatically came up to her and snatched her phone. "So I guess Trouty Mouth is back in town. I've been waiting for this moment." Santana smirked. "Girls, take 10! Violet and I will be back soon."

"