chapter 67: Love, Love, Love pt. 1

I care about you in every way I can.
You know I'm troubled,
but I know you can understand.
I'm sorry for the strain.
No one prepares you the way
in which things change.

~Rex Orange County, Every Way

Violet Suzuki-Anthony stormed into one of University of Lima's dorm buildings' halls, trying to find a certain someone

Violet Suzuki-Anthony stormed into one of University of Lima's dorm buildings' halls, trying to find a certain someone. She knocked on the door for room 511 when Puck answered the door.

"Where is he?" Violet asked exasperatedly.

Puck chuckled and gestured to Finn sprawled out on his bed, softly snoring, "He ditched me and a party with hot babes to study for a test, which is good, but when I told him to focus, he really went for it. I got home, and dude was still reading. I woke up to his alarm two hours ago and just turned it off because he probably needed more sleep."

Violet glowered at him, "And you couldn't have texted me? Finn and I were supposed to go out for brunch today, and after an hour of trying to call him, I decided to come here to make sure he was still alive."

"Well, you could just wake him up now."

Violet mocked her former Glee member before pushing past him to Finn. She proceeded to yank the blanket off of him, making him jolt awake and almost fall off of his bed.

"Wha– Violet, really?"

She huffed, "Yes, really. First, you stop coming in for Glee practices–"

Puck looked between the two awkwardly before trying to sneak out, "I'm just gonna go..."

Vi continued, ignoring his presence entirely, "Then, you don't come for Regionals, and now, you ditch me for our scheduled brunch? Like I understand that you're a busy college guy, but I feel like I never see you."

Finn's face softened, "I was just studying for a big Sociology midterm. I got carried away and I didn't go to bed until like 6am. And with the Glee Club stuff, things aren't gonna be the same like they were before. I'm in college now, and yeah, I help Mr. Schue with assignments and stuff, but I can't always be there."

"Even for Regionals?" Violet questioned.

He sighed, "Okay, maybe I could've been there for that."

Violet took a seat on his bed, "Look, I'm not angry at you. I'm just frustrated... and sad. I miss you, and there isn't that much time before I– and basically the rest of the seniors– are headed off to New York."

"I get it. Don't worry, I'll at least try to make an effort to see you more–"

"And don't forget your parents!" Vi interjected. "You really haven't been home in a minute. They miss you too."

Finn let out a breathy chuckle, "Okay, okay, I got it. Now, do you wanna still go out to eat and catch up?"

Vi looked down at her phone at the time and sighed, "I can't. I'm going over to Sam's house to study."