chapter 66: All or Nothing

Life's a losing game
when you don't play.
Don't hold your cards
too close is what they say.
And love is just another leap of faith, but I jump right in.

~mxmtoon, fever dream

"You must be excited. Britt's coming back tomorrow," Violet asked as she walked next to Sam.

"I, uh, yeah!" In truth, Sam forgot that tomorrow was the day that Brittany would come back home.

The couple hadn't really talked that much since she left for her tour of MIT. The couple didn't really mind either. Every once in a while, they'd show each other affection, and then they were just content. Britt's been extremely busy with all of the tests the university had been trying to assess her with, and Sam's been busy helping Violet out with her rehab.

They were on two different worlds now, and they were both completely okay with it.

Violet added, "I talked to Britt yesterday, and it seems like she's definitely going to MIT which is wild because I feel like acceptance letters are only starting to roll in. I mean, I haven't even auditioned for some of my schools yet."

"I mean, that's why you, me, and Blaine are taking that trip to New York in a couple of weeks. That reminds me, are you gonna be okay for your auditions by then? I mean, I know you can do show choir choreography now, but like, you do advance dancing," he mentioned, concerned.

She waved him off, "Yeah, all of my dance auditions were submitted a couple months ago. I just need to audition for the theatre programs for NYU and NYADA now."

Sam raised an eyebrow, "You're still doing those?"

Violet sighed, "Yeah, I mean. I got into NYADA's dance program and all, but, I don't know, part of me wants a fall back. Ya know, just in case if I can't make it as a professional choreographer."

Sam stopped her and put his hands on her shoulders, "Hey, you got this. You're probably one of the most– no, the most capable person I know for this."

She shrugged, "It's a tough industry, Sam. I'm just preparing for a backup."

"I know, but I'm just saying that you won't need it. I mean, you made it into all of the dance programs you've applied to. They already see how good you are and how good you're gonna be. You just have to believe that."

Violet giggled, "I know, I know. And I'm working on it."

The pair continued to walk down the halls as Sam pointed out, "You're lucky that you've gotten some of your acceptance letters though. My mom's... panicking because I haven't gotten any letters yet. Actually, I think she's secretly kind of happy because she wants me to go to community college in Lima so I don't have to leave her."