chapter 82: Tested

And I could easily lose my mind
The way you kiss me
will work each time
Calling me back into the flames
And I'm burning up again,
I'm burning up

~Vance Joy, Georgia

"So how's paradise?" Violet asked Santana through the phone

"Oh, you know, the usual. Beautiful beaches, beautiful culture, and a gorgeous girlfriend to share it with," Santana replied. "Why? Do you miss me already?"

"Of course I miss you. You've been traveling the world with Britt for months. And don't get me wrong, I'm so glad that both of you are happy and enjoying life, but I miss my best friend," Violet said sadly.

"Well, me and Britt are flying back in two weeks for Berry's opening night, so I'll be back to reality soon," she reassured her.

"Good. It always feels like something's missing when you're not here, but we've been managing."

"Are you sure about that?"

Violet questioned, "What do you mean?"

Santana laughed half-heartedly, "Oh, I'm sorry. Let me clarify with another question: How are your bruises?"

"Ha. Ha. This wouldn't have changed if you were here anyways."

Violet could practically hear Santana shake her head, "No, that's not true. Because what would've happened is that I slap some sense into Berry, and then you guys wouldn't have to do your little intervention thing."

Vi rolled her eyes, "Sure, I guess."

Santana laughed, but then she asked, "Okay, but really. How are your bruises and that concussion?"

"No more concussion and some of the bruises are still healing, but they're mostly faded by now. The one on my ribs is still bad, but no one really sees that."

"I can't tell if Trouty Mouth would cry or get horny at that bruise," Santana joked.

"I wouldn't know. He hasn't seen it since the night of the attack," Violet shrugged.

"What? Do you guys fuck with your shirts on or something?" Santana deadpanned.

Violet replied, "No, we just haven't had sex."

"Since the attack?"

Violet cleared her throat awkwardly, "No, uh, not since we last broke up."

"What!?" Violet had to pull her phone off of her ear because Santana was so loud. "You haven't slept with Sam in over a year!?"

Violet felt insecure, "What's the big deal? People take their time having sex all the time."

"Not Sam. Not you. Especially, not you. Plus, you and Sam have fucked before. You guys were like rabbits," Santana ranted.