chapter 60: Feud

All these people
think love's for show,
but I would die for you in secret.
The devil's in the details,
but you got a friend in me.
Would it be enough if
I could never give you peace?

~Taylor Swift, Peace

Over a week has passed since Finn admitted to kissing Ms

Over a week has passed since Finn admitted to kissing Ms. Pillsbury to Mr. Schue, and it's been hell on Earth for the Glee members. It was so bad that the seniors decided that the two men needed to have an intervention.

Except for the fact that only three of the seniors (Blaine, Tina, and Artie) were the ones holding it while Violet, Sam, and Brittany were told not to come. The three thought that Sam and Brittany wouldn't really be helpful in this situation, and they thought that Violet would only incite more animosity since she was on Finn's side.

Violet and Sam were currently hanging out during lunch since Brittany was at home because she needed to hold her own intervention for Lord Tubbington. Or, at least, that's what she told Sam after he kept calling to ask where she was.

Honestly, the couple had started to grow apart. The two weren't nearly as affectionate as they were on Valentine's Day, and they barely even sat next to each other during Glee anymore.

Sam could feel her slowly pulling away and instead, she's been deflecting and focusing more of her attention on Lord Tubbington. Sure it bothered him, but he's been taking Mike's words to heart. He just wanted Britt to be happy.

Plus, the sting wasn't so bad since Violet was officially his friend again. This time, he was trying to focus on his studies and the SATs, and Violet's been helping him do so. He's been making B's in his classes which, before, was a rare occurrence. The two were just like how they were before they started dating, but even better.

"I'm just saying that Schue needs to stop being passive-aggressive to Finn, and start actually being professional about this. Like, sure, do what you want. Don't be friends with him again,  which, by the way, was weird in the first place since Finn's only 19, but of course, Schue's being so petty about everything!" Violet ranted as she took a bite of her salad.

Sam shook his head and chuckled, "And this is why they didn't want you to be apart of the intervention."

She rolled her eyes, "Whatever. What they're doing's gonna be ineffective anyways. You can't do everything through song. It doesn't work that way."

"Says the girl that broke up with me through song," he retorted which caused Violet to playfully slap him on the shoulder.

"Anyways, I just think that they need therapy or at least a way to dissect how they're feeling because Schue's reaction to this is a lot, and I think it's indicative of a failure to process emotions."

"I think that we have bigger fish to fry than talking about how Mr. Schue needs therapy."

She cocked her head in confusion, "Like what? I mean Finn and I have Regionals ideas locked down, so what else is there?"