chapter 86: The Untitled Rachel Berry Project

I'm getting older,
I've got more on my shoulders
But I'm getting better at
admitting when I'm wrong
I'm happier than ever,
at least that's my endeavor
To keep myself together and
prioritize my pleasure

~Billie Eilish, Getting Older

TW: SA → dm for a summary of the plot or a version with it exempt

TW: SA dm for a summary of the plot or a version with it exempt

It was one of the friend group's last Monday night potluck dinners altogether because Mercedes would be starting her mall tour soon. So they went with what Mercedes would miss most about New York, and it was the Asian food around the city, and mostly, Violet's cooking.

Violet just finished frying the Vietnamese egg rolls she just made, and she took one to feed to Sam, "C'mon try it."

Sam reminded her, "I have a huge audition with Treasure Trailz soon."

Violet nodded, "Oh yeah, the manscaping company."

"Yeah, and they're going all out. I mean, billboards, print, bus ads–"

She noted, "Your dream."

"Exactly, which is why I need to book it. My dream of being almost naked on the side of a public bus is this close to coming true," Sam mentioned.

Violet chuckled, "And I'll take a picture of every single one. I swear, my Instagram will just turn into a 'Sam Evans bus ad' account. All of the people that follow me because of Broadway will be so confused."

He smiled at her support and give her a peck on the lips which she quickly returned. Rachel then walked up to them, "See? This is exactly what my show needs to be about. Old friends struggling to make it in this world."

"Is it normal for a network to send a writer to hang out with the star to figure out the show?" Artie questioned.

Rachel replied, "Only when their star's incredibly interesting. Mary Halloran is a genius. She sold her first script when she was 14 years old."

Kurt sighed, "Yeah, I just don't like the idea of someone crashing Monday night dinner."

"No, but the point is for her to really see my life and understand my essence, and you guys are so much of that besides my work, my talent, and my ambition, so..." Someone then knocked at the door. "Oh, here she is. Okay, you guys, be really nice 'cause I don't want her to feel alienated."

Violet then whispered to Sam, "I have a feeling that this will go wrong."

Sam joked, "That's because she'll probably make you the villain."

"Honestly, I wouldn't mind. People love a good villain," Violet shrugged.

"Oh, my God!" Rachel exclaimed.