chapter 90: The Hurt Locker Part 1

'Cause it's been another
perfect day with ya
Wanna lay with ya
Spend the night with ya
Then spend my life with ya, alright
Alright, alright
Yeah you heard me right

~Jhené Aiko, While We're Young

Having dinner with the Hudson-Hummel's felt kind of nostalgic for Violet

Having dinner with the Hudson-Hummel's felt kind of nostalgic for Violet. She missed seeing them every Friday for their weekly dinners. It was a comfort that they tried to recreate in New York, but it quickly dissipated after a few weeks. But now, here she was, back where she was happiest.

Burt and Carol were overjoyed to have their kids back home, so when Violet suggested restarting their Friday night dinners, they jumped at the chance. That's why Violet, Sam, and Kurt were all sitting down at the couple's table, eating dinner.

"I just don't understand how you three can teach without teaching certifications," Carol said confusedly.

Kurt deadpanned, "I mean, it's Sue, so I'm not exactly surprised. I'm honestly more shocked that she hasn't tried to run me and Sam out yet."

"Hey, what about me?" Violet asked.

Kurt gave her a look, "You? The person who Sue offered a job to?"

"Okay, you have a point." Violet then added, "I don't know... Sue's aggressive, but I feel like she's also vindictive like she likes to plan things out, so I feel like she's waiting for something to happen and like set off a trap or something."

Sam breathed out, "That's kinda unnerving..."

"Well, at least you're all back together. You guys can rely on each other now," Burt looked at the positive.

Kurt sighed, "Until Sue tries to turn us against each other."

"Trust me, Sue doesn't need to do that," Sam scoffed.

Violet scolded him, "Sam!"

"What do you mean, Sam?" Carol asked.

"Nothing," Violet dismissed.

Sam looked at her seriously, "It's not nothing. Rachel slapped you so hard yesterday that you wore a pound of makeup to try and cover it up."

Kurt practically choked on his food as Burt widened his eyes at the girl, "What?"

Violet sighed, "It's nothing. I was just... I was holding a booty camp for the kids because they asked me to help, but then Rachel found out, and things got a little... heated. But we're fine now. I just promised her that I wouldn't impose anymore–"

"So she slapped you for helping our kids dance?" Kurt said in disbelief.

"And she slapped her hard enough that it bruised her cheek," Sam huffed.