chapter 79: New Directions pt. 2

Is it strange for me to say that
If I were to die today
There's not a thing I would change
I've lived well
Maybe I have made mistakes
and been through my fair share of pain
But all in all, it's been okay,
I've lived well

~Jhené Aiko, Eternal Sunshine

Violet and Sam walked into the choir room, and Sam whistled lowly at the state of it

Violet and Sam walked into the choir room, and Sam whistled lowly at the state of it. Violet sighed, "When Britt said that she got Santana lilies, I really did not realize how many she meant."

"And we're gonna be the ones to clean these up, huh," Sam sighed.

Violet looked over at the entrance by Mr. Schue's office where Blaine pushing Artie in, and said, "At least we'll have their help."

The two boys came into the room and stopped to stare at the flowers that littered it. They looked over at the couple, and Sam just shook his head, "Don't ask."

The four seniors then started to clean the choir room for what felt like the 50th time. Once all of the flowers were organized, they started to put the rest of the miscellaneous things scattered around the room into boxes.

Tina strolled in dejectedly, "My life is literally over."

"Where the hell did all of these flowers come from?" Artie asked suddenly.

Violet looked at him questioningly,  "You ask this after we put them all away?"

He just shrugged, "Sam said not to ask, so I waited."

Blaine ignored the two, "What's wrong, Tina?"

Tina moved a vase of lilies off of a chair and sat down, "Nothing. Just the fact that I'm going to spend the rest of my life in Lima because I'm not Jewish enough."

As the girl finished telling her the story about applying late to universities in New York, Violet furrowed her eyebrows, "They can just deny you because you're not Jewish enough? That feels wrong."

Tina looked at her sadly, "I mean, no matter what, I didn't get into Mitzvah, so I guess I'm the only one in this room who's not going to New York."

"Why? You don't need a college acceptance letter to get over that bridge," Sam said as he took a seat across from her.

"I can't just go there without some kind of plan," Tina retorted.

"Well, uh, Kurt did, and I think he's doing pretty great," Blaine smiled. "It's an adventure!"

Tina shook her head, "You don't understand. Without some kind of direction, I just feel like a giant free-floating loser."

"Yeah, like me?" Sam asked, turning to the other three knowingly.