chapter 77: City of Angels pt. 2

And there might not be
a sadder thing than watchin'
Saturn lose her rings
And black holes slowly
dancin' in the dark
It's a song that they were
born to sing about the
end of everything
Until it all goes up
in one last spark

~Noah Cyrus, The End of Everything

The next morning, before the competition started, all of the New Directions were taking their time getting ready to go to the venue

The next morning, before the competition started, all of the New Directions were taking their time getting ready to go to the venue. Tina turned to Violet and Kitty, who she was sharing a room with, "Do any of you guys have a sewing kit? There's a rip in my dress."

"Shouldn't this hotel have one?" Kitty asked confusedly.

Violet chuckled, "Kitty, this place doesn't even have complimentary soap. What makes you think there's a sewing kit?"

Kitty shrugged, "Well, I don't have one."

"I don't have one either, but I think Carol might. I'm going to their room now with Sam because he's having a bit of trouble with tying a bowtie, and he doesn't want Blaine to teach him."

Tina questioned, "But Blaine wears a bowtie every day."

Violet pointed out, "But he also goes too fast for Sam and makes him feel stupid, so they kinda have a deal where Blaine just tries not to teach him anything."

"Fair enough," Tina nodded.

"C'mon. Let's go now, so we have enough time to sew it up." Violet then turned to Kitty, "And if you're gonna bring Artie to hang out in here, please do not do any funny business on our bed. I'd rather not sleep on a bed that you both fucked on."

"So what you're saying is that I can use Tina's bed?" Kitty half-jokingly asked.

"No!"

"Eh. I don't care." Tina gaped at Violet, and she just chuckled, "I'm kidding, I'm kidding."

Tina just rolled her eyes, and the two girls walked over to Burt and Carol's room where Burt was already teaching Sam how to tie the tie.

"What can we help you girls with?" Burt asked, glancing over at them.

Tina held up her dress, "We were wondering if you packed a sewing kit? I don't know what happened, but there's a tear in my dress."

Carol walked over to look at the piece of clothing, "Yeah, of course. Here, I'll stitch it up for you. Just have a seat." Without another word, Carol took TIna's dress from her hands and started to sew it up while the two girls took a seat on the bed.

"How'd you learn how to do that?" Sam asked.

Burt chuckled slightly, "Have you met my son Kurt?"