chapter 3: Grilled Cheesus

"So did you come to the game last Friday?" Violet looked to her side and saw Sam smiling at her. Violet was just walking to her next class with an earbud in one ear listening to some Stevie Wonder to get her through Monday.

"Ooh yeah, I didn't. I heard that our football team sucks, so I didn't bother."

Sam slapped his hand to his chest in a joking manner. "Ouch. I'm the quarterback."

"Oh, I know. That's how I knew to not come." Violet smiled at Sam enjoying their banter.

"Oh yeah? Then how come we won?" Sam said proudly. Violet backed down on her teasing.

"Alright, alright, I'll come to the next one. Wait, the one after that. My dad and I are still in the process of moving, so I'll probably be doing that this Thursday. I promise."

Sam realized that he had to go soon, so he started lightly jogging ahead of Violet. He turned back and said, "Well I'm holdin' ya to that Violet Anthony. You better not break that promise!"

Violet practically yelled down the hall, "I don't break promises!" Violet smiled to herself as she walked into the Glee Club, and headed to the jazz band corner to help set up.

More and more of the members started filing in, and Mr. Schue was about to start when Finn shoots up his hand, "Mr. Schue? I have something to say."

Finn started to head to the center of the room and face everyone, "Something happened to me, and I can't really get into it, but it's shaken me to my core."

Puck, struck with realization, said, "Oh my God. He's coming out."

"Why, yes," Finn pointed to Puck which had the whole room confused. Violet looked over to Kurt to see if he had any idea and Kurt just shrugged.

Finn continued, "There is a man who's sort of recently come into my life, and that man is Jesus Christ."

"That's way worse." Puck interjected.

"And I know there's others in here who dig him too. And so I thought, maybe this week, we could pay tribute to him in music. You know, pay tribute to Jesus."

Violet's eyes were wide at this point. Her mind was screaming "What the actual fuck is happening right now." and she was looking at Kurt to see if he had an idea, but Kurt just looked concerned.

Kurt commented, "Sorry, uh, but if I wanted to sing about Jesus, I'd go to church. And the reason I don't go to church is because most churches don't think very much of gay people. Or women. Or science."

Violet chuckled lightly to herself. Kurt had a point, and she thought that they really shouldn't have a whole assignment based entirely on God and Jesus just because that could get discriminatory very quickly.

"I don't see anything wrong with getting a little church up in here," Mercedes said positively.

Quinn agreed with Mercedes, "I've had a really hard year, and I turned to God a lot for help. I, for one, wouldn't mind saying thanks."