Two Can Play At This

~1 Week Later~
Scarlett Johnson

"Scarlett, come on hurry up I need in there!"

Noah called through the bathroom door, I had been in there for the past thirty minutes perfecting my hair and makeup.

"Noah, beauty takes time!"

I called back towards the door, I heard him bang his fist loudly on the door three times before I heard his footsteps descend the stairs.

  I had pulled my long golden brown hair into a messy bun and my green eyes stared back at me as I stood still studying myself.

After putting everything away I walked out and ended up running right into Noah himself.

  He caught me by the waist to steady me from almost falling over and his fingertips came into contact with bare skin on my hip sending a wave of goosebumps throughout my entire body.

"Oh sorry!"

I muttered out, I backed away from him and his chocolate hazel eyes lingered on me much longer than necessary.

"Well you're right beauty does take time!"

He said with a laugh teasing me, I quickly punched him in the arm which made him chuckle even harder.

"That's all you've got, come on Scarlett, you could do so much better!"

Shawn laughed out, he had tears in his eyes from laughing so hard and he could barely breath.

"Shut up!"

I whined, I marched off and headed for my room down the hall and only seconds later I realized that I had forgotten my cellphone in the bathroom.

I quickly turned around to see that Noah had already entered the bathroom, I sighed and slowly approached the door.

  I knocked lightly a few times, I could hear music playing through the door as I leaned in closer.

"Ya?"

He called, after he cut the music seconds later, I placed my hand on the doorknob and waited a second before speaking.

"I left my phone in there, can you hand it to me?"

I asked loud enough for him to hear and I heard his light footsteps cross the tile floor.

"Why should I?"

He questioned, great he had started a game, I thought to myself.

"Come on please, Noah?"

I asked through the door practically begging, I heard him laugh quietly to himself.

"Being handsome takes time!"

He called trying to mimic my voice from earlier.

"What are you doing?"

I called through the door.

  He didn't answer for a moment, but it wasn't that hard to tell that he was on my phone.

"Okay Noah, two can play at this!"

I yelled, I hurriedly turned and booked it for his bedroom.

  I swooped in and spotted his cell right away on his nightstand, I picked it up and thanked the heavens.

No password.

Moments later I heard the bathroom door swing open, before he could get to me I opened his phone to see that he had been texting someone named Kaden.

  I only saw a few words before I knew what was going on.

"I think I like Scarlett."

I read quietly, just before Noah entered the room I clicked his phone off and hid it behind my back.

Noah appeared at the door frame his tall figure faced me, my phone in his hand.

"Whatcha doin?"

He asked, I stared at him as he eyed me up and down, he liked me, was all I could think over and over again.

"Missing something?"

I questioned him, I flashed his phone in front of my body.

Suddenly he ran over and jumped on me which led me to topple over onto his unmade bed.

I giggled as he tried to get his phone from my hands, but I held it high above my head as he pinned my body down by sitting on my torso.

"Noah stop!"

I squealed out, I couldn't take the tickling anymore, I handed him the phone and he took it.

He stayed on top of me for a few seconds longer his eyes melted into mine before he climbed off.

  He handed me my phone back once I had stood up, my mind flew back to the text he had sent to the person named Kaden.

I turned and headed for the door not knowing what to do or say, so I shut the door quietly behind me and my mind spun in circles.

  My step brother had a crush on me and I might feel something too.