Night of The Party

Scarlett Johnson

"Wanna drink?"

Matt asked me, I shook my head, and the smell of alcohol and cigarette smoke filled my lungs.

"I'll be right back, don't go anywhere!"

He told me over the blaring music, I nodded and watched him disappear into the mess of people.

I studied my surroundings, couples all around me practically doing it out in the open, I cringed as a guy dropped his girlfriend while he tried to walk up the stairs.

I suddenly spotted Kaden, he was taking a sip out of a beer bottle when he met my eyes.

He smiled and waved me over, I pushed my way through the crowd and managed to make it to him, finally someone I knew.

"Hey Scarlett, what's up?"

He asked, I could tell he wasn't drunk, yet.

"Nothing much, just waiting for Matt to come back."

I told him, his smile faded.

"Right you came with Matt."

He said, he sounded a little disappointed, I glanced over my shoulder to see that Matt had ended up in the arms of a brunette and they happened to be sucking each other's faces off.

"Well, I guess I might just go."

I told him, he shook his head and grabbed my wrist.

"Wait come on stay, please!"

He begged, I gave in, the last time I was at a party was like never, so I decided to stay to get the high school experience.

After a little while, Kaden faded into the crowd and left me alone, I took a seat on a leather couch in the living room away from everyone.

When suddenly I noticed someone had taken the seat beside me.

I looked over to see one of Noah's old friends Jack, a drunken grin on his face.

"Scarlett, right?"

He questioned, I nodded and scooted over to increase the distance between the two of us.

"Jack Green."

He slurred, I nodded and started to stand from the couch, I knew I should leave.

"Woah, where do you think you're going gorgeous?"

He questioned me, he grabbed a hold of my arm and pulled me back down so I was practically on his lap.

"Jack, stop let me go!"

I told him, I started to get pissed off, he didn't seem to like that.

As Jack continued to hold onto me tightly, I began yelling at him as he tried to kiss my neck.

"Let go of me!!! Stop!!! Please stop!!!"

I screamed out, but nobody seemed to care.

Suddenly a shadow covered the two of us, I looked up to see Noah standing above us his hands were balled tightly into fists.

"Jack, let her go now."

Noah said between his gritted teeth, Jack smirked and didn't seem intimidated at all by Noah's presence.

"I think she's good right here."

Jack told him, he tried to kiss my cheek, but I pulled back and escaped his grasp.

Noah pulled me up and I stood by his side and held onto his arm tightly.

Jack watched the two of us curiously, he stayed put and spoke.

"You're screwing her, aren't you?"

Jack asked directed to Noah, Noah didn't speak and grabbed my arm and started to pull me toward the front entrance of Karen's big house.

"Noah I'm fine!"

I told him as he dragged me down the front walkway of the huge mansion.

"Noah stop!"

I told him loudly, I ripped my arm from his grasp and folded my arms around my torso to try and keep myself warm.

Noah turned around to face me he was mad and upset, I could tell by the look in his eyes.

"Scarlett, it's not fine!!! He was all over you! Imagine what would've happened if I hadn't of gotten there in time!"

He yelled at me, I squeezed my arms around myself even tighter, it happened to be freezing that night.

"Ya Noah, but nothing happened! I'm perfectly fine!"

I yelled back at him, the music from inside only seemed to be getting louder.

    "Scarlett, I can't do this anymore!"

He yelled, I stared in utter complete shock.

  "What do you mean you can't do this anymore?"

I asked, I could already feel the tears coming on.

  "Baby, I can't watch you get hurt anymore. I don't like seeing you with other guys."

He whispered, I hugged myself tightly and braced myself for what was to come.

   "So what then, you want to call this off... Just end it right here?"

I asked shakily, he shook his head.

   "People... Need- to know you're mine..."

He told me, I stared a little confused, what was he saying?

   "Noah, I don't know what to say..."

I told him quietly, he slowly approached me and placed his hands on my cheeks.

   "Darling, you don't have to say anything."

He whispered before he placed his lips gently on mine for a long moment.