Awkwardly Upset Ride

Scarlett Johnson

"What are you saying?"

I whispered once I pulled back from Noah's lips, his eyes stayed shut as he spoke, and his forehead rested on mine.

    "Everyone can know, right here, right now."

He told me quietly, his hands rested on my cheeks.

I placed my hands on his chest and watched as his eyes opened.

    "We can't."

I told him quietly, he sighed, I knew it was frustrating for him, but I had the same weight to carry on my shoulders.

    "Just give it time."

I whispered, he shook his head and I took a step back from him.

    "Scar, you know I can't do that."

He started, I slowly inched myself away from him, I was expecting him to explode at any moment.

   "What makes you think our parents are ever going to get a divorce! They're always going to be together, where does that leave us?"

He asked practically yelling by then, I cringed as he stood there staring me down, I had no words.

    "Noah, please. Please just stop."

I begged quietly, he was really scaring me and I had never seen that side of him.

   Tears started to form in my eyes and trail down my cheeks, I brought my frozen hand up and wiped them away.

    "I should go."

I whispered so Noah could barely hear over the party music, he took a step towards me, I could tell he regretted snapping at me.

    "I'm sorry Scar please don't be mad at me."

He said gently, I didn't say anything back and walked straight past him to the sidewalk.

   I realized Matt was my ride, but he was currently busy at the moment, and it was too cold to walk.

I turned around to see Noah already watching me, I didn't have to say anything and he slowly approached me and led me to his jeep on the side of the road.

     I hopped in and avoided any contact with him.

Even when he tried to open my door for me, I beat him to it.

   He climbed in next to me and started the engine up, I awkwardly sat there as he drove the two of us home, no words needed to be said.

    After he pulled into the driveway of the house, he cut the engine and unbuckled.

Before I knew it he was leaning across the center console and his lips landed on mine seconds later.

   "Noah!"

I yelled trying to push back from him, no matter how much I wanted to kiss him, I was confused and a little angry.

    Noah pulled back seeing I was still upset, he didn't say anything as I climbed out and rushed to the front door of the house.

   Before I entered, I snapped my head in his direction, he had started up the jeep again and pulled out of the driveway.

He peeled down the street, and the sound of the engine faded along with the tailgate lights.