Welcome Home

Pickering, Canada
Scarlett Johnson

    After landing in Canada we picked up a rental car and headed towards Pickering where our new home was.

  We loaded up the car and started the drive to our new place.

I sat quietly beside Maya, with Noah at her other side.

  The entire drive was awkwardly silent, I mean all of us kids were sort of just thrown into this sticky situation.

    "Well this is it!"

    Paxton called over his shoulder from the drivers seat of the car, as he pulled the five of us into the driveway of a nice suburban home.

  It had been a long flight for our family, and getting our stuff to a different country wasn't a walk in the park.

   I studied it, from its tan brick siding, and it's tall front windows, to the green trees that were planted on the even greener lawn.

"Wow dad, well done!"

Noah spoke up, I glanced over and saw that Maya had fallen asleep, her head slowly swayed on her chest.

  Noah noticed and he slowly lifted her head back up and tried his best not to wake her.

"What are you guys waiting for, go check it out!"

My mom called, I opened the door and climbed out, Noah followed not too far behind.

We both walked up the path to our new home, and I noticed Noah had a silver key in hand, he unlocked the door and allowed me to walk in first.

  He came in after and closed the door lightly behind him.

We entered into a nicely sized entry hall, and a huge chandelier hung from the center of the ceiling.

  Stairs curved up to the second floor, and Shawn had flicked the lights on moments later.

  We both began walking from room to room glancing in all directions, there was so much to look at.

It was also the first time I had ever seen our new home, everything was so  new and it had so much space.

"It's huge."

I said loudly, Noah appeared behind me after I entered the kitchen.

"Ya, I can't believe we're actually going to be living here."

Noah said, I grinned up at him and he was already grinning back, his pearly whites gleamed down at me.

"Noah!!! Scarlett!!! Come help us start unloading!"

The two of us heard Paxton call from the front of the house.

  We both quickly made our way back to the front door to see he had already started stacking boxes on the hardwood floor, the moving truck had arrived.

"Scar, your room is upstairs second door on the left, and Noah yours is second on the right."

My mom told both Noah and I as we unloaded the last few boxes from the truck.

We both started to take our things up to our rooms, our parents room would be on the main floor along with Maya's just down the hall.

  I entered my new room, blank white walls surrounded me.

The first thing I noticed was I'd have my own bathroom!

  I studied the window, it was one that looked like it would be in a movie scene.

  It had a little bench with a cushion that looked out over the gorgeous backyard.

"Scarlett?"

I heard Noah ask, I turned around to see him leaning in my doorframe a huge smile on his face.

"Ya?"

I asked him, he stayed put and didn't say anything for a short moment.

"Welcome to Canada!"

He said loudly in a prideful tone, I laughed.

"Thank you very much Noah!"

I said with a giggle, he slowly turned and left me with the dumbest grin across my face.