Family Dinner

Scarlett Johnson

"Is that all for you guys tonight?"

Our waitress Amy asked, Paxton nodded his head and handed her all of the menus.

"Ya I think that's it!"

My Mom told her with a smile.

"I'll be right out with those!"

Amy said, she took the menus and disappeared into the kitchen.

"Well isn't this just lovely?"

My Mom asked her eyes wandered all around the nice restaurant, obviously very excited about the whole family togetherness.

"Ya Shannon, it's a little fancy don't you think?"

Shawn asked, my Mom smiled over at him.

"Oh Noah, it's just perfect."

She told him with a laugh, Maya was at my side and she silently started at the glass of Dr. Pepper in front of her.

Her poor little heart was still broken, in a way I felt really protective over her in the short span of time I've known her and it hurt me to see her upset.

"Scarlett?"

I heard Paxton ask in a concerned tone, I quickly snapped my attention over to him.

"Sweetie, are you alright?"

My Mom questioned, I smiled and shook away my thoughts.

"Ya, sorry just thinking."

I told them quietly, I placed my hands on my lap and began to nervously play with my fingers.

Seconds later I suddenly felt Noah's hand land on top of mine, I jumped a little at the sudden contact.

His warmth took over my body, his smooth hand swallowed mine whole.

My eyes wandered up to his face, he wasn't looking at me, but I could see a hint of a smile appearing across his handsome face.

"How is school going for you two?"

Paxton asked, my mind flip flopped as Noah quickly took his hand away from mine.

"Great Dad, you know just the usual."

Noah said with a grin taking over his lips.

"Scarlett, have you been making some friends?"

My Mom asked, I tried my best to perk up and act normal, but it got a lot harder by the second with Noah only sitting centimeters away from me.

"Ya Mom, tons."

I told her and she grinned over at me, Paxton's attention was then taken over to quiet Maya at my side.

"Maya, honey are you okay? You haven't said much sweetie?"

He asked, she looked over at him and forced a fake smile.

"Ya Dad, I just don't feel that well."

She lied, I placed a hand on her back and tried to comfort her.

"Well here we are!"

I heard Amy call, she slowly approached the table with a huge tray over her shoulder loaded with everyone's meals.

I noticed Noah staring at me from the corner of my eye, I looked up at him to see him grinning down at me.

His hand slowly drifted back to mine, and he entwined our fingers together.

Everyone else's attention was on the food, all except for Amy's, we both didn't seem notice she had been watching the two of us.

Noah mouthed beautiful over to me, both of us oblivious to the fact that Amy saw everything.