Shock

Scarlett Johnson

     "Are you okay!!! Oh my gosh!!! Dad call 911!"

I heard a girls voice shout, I felt someone's hand land on my shoulder seconds later and before I knew it I was sitting on the curb below me.

   "Kira he isn't moving!"

A mans voice yelled, my eyes drifted upward to see Noah's on the ground ten feet away from the car in the middle of the road.

An older man stood over him, his grey hair shiny in the sunlight.

   "Honey they're on their way!"

He called, the girl around my age, Kira, stayed by my side.

  "Dad I think she's in shock!"

She yelled over to her father, suddenly he appeared in front of me.

He squatted down and waved a hand in front of my face.

  "She is, honey don't move her."

He told Kira quickly,

"I need to stay with him."

He added, I watched as he went back over to Noah, that's when I stood up from the curb and slowly approached them.

Kira tried to get me to sit back down, but I refused with no problem.

     Over the mans shoulder I instantly saw the blood dripping down the side of Noah's face from his forehead.

I could barely make out the rise and fall of his chest as I watched him.

His chocolate hazel eyes were closed, which left me empty as I continued to stare.

   "What's your name sweetie?"

The man asked, he was standing beside me, and he nervously ran a hand through his grey hair.

   "Scarlett."

I whispered a little surprised that I actually still had a voice.

   "He's going to be okay Scarlett, they are almost here."

He told me, I felt Kira's hand on my back, I could hear her quietly weeping.

   "Noah?"

I asked I bent down beside him, I placed my hand on his cheek only to be startled by the sound of distant sirens nearby.

I ran my hand down his arm and rested it in his, and interlocked our fingers.

I lost it, the tears streamed down my face.

    "Noah, please don't leave me!"

I begged, suddenly arms wrapped around me and pulled me off my feet, I was lifted into the back of an ambulance and put onto a stretcher.

   The last thing I saw before I blacked out was Noah being lifted onto a stretcher and wheeled in next to me.

His face peaceful as he lied motionless beside me, paramedics above us shouted all kinds of medical terms I couldn't understand.

Everything went dark.