We're Perfect

Scarlett Johnson

       "Thank you, have a goodnight!"

  Noah called to the taxi driver as he shut the door behind him.

     "So now what?"

  I asked him my eyes drifted up to the huge hotel in front of us.

    "We sleep!"

  He said excitingly, I giggled as he grabbed my hand and pulled me for the doors of the hotel.

      After Noah had figured out the room situation, he handed me the keys and told me to go up to the room by myself while he filled out some paperwork.

   I ventured for the stairs and ended up on the second floor, our room would be at the end of the long hallway.

    I unlocked the door and entered into the medium sized room, a huge bed rested in the center of the floor.

   My cheeks began to turn hot, this would be only the second time I had ever stayed the night alone with Noah.

    After I took my shoes and jacket off I placed my backpack on the bed and took a seat.

  Moments later the door swung open to reveal a tired looking Noah.

    He came in and instantly collapsed faced first onto the bed beside me.

   "I'm exhausted."

  He said quietly, I giggled and rested my head on his back.

  "I'm right there with you."

  I whispered back, he shifted under me and rolled onto his back.

  He wrapped his arms around me and I nestled my face into the crook of his neck.

    "Should I turn the light off."

  I asked him as I began to sit up from him, but I barley could get inches away from him before he pulled me back down.

    "Not yet. I just need to hold you."

  He told me, my cheeks turned warm at his comment.

    "How did I get so lucky?"

  I asked him quietly, he chuckled slightly under me.

   "I think we both scored."

  He told me, I giggled and tightened my grip on him.  

    "No, but seriously. You're just too good for me."

  I told him quietly, he ran a hand up and down my back a few times before speaking.

   "And you're just too good for me, so we're perfect."

  He told me, I smiled and rested my head back in the crook of his neck.

  Breathing in his scent I fell asleep to his fingertips tracing shapes on my back.