Gift Shopping

Scarlett Johnson

     "Scar! It's freezing, hurry up!"

  Noah called to me as I quickly hopped into his jeep, he hurried and shut the door and darted to the other side of the car.

  He climbed in and started up the engine, he blasted the heat instantly, but cold air blew out instead. 

  "Any idea of what we should get for our parents?"

  Noah asked me after he had pulled the two of us out of the neighborhood and onto the main road.

   "No clue. Has he called?"

  I questioned, referring to Paxton.

  It had been only been a day since he had left and Christmas was only two days away.

   "No."

  Noah answered shortly, I reached over and placed my hand in his free one to try and comfort him.

   "He'll be back for Christmas."

I told him quietly hoping that Paxton would return in time for the holidays. 

   "I really hope so."

  Noah whispered, I lightly squeezed his hand and turned my head towards the window.

   Snow had covered the grass by then, Canada
seemed much chillier than it had ever been before, and there was a gloom in the air that seemed to not want to pass.

      After parking the car in the store parking lot, the two of us hurried inside hand in hand and tried to get away from the cold.

   Once Noah grabbed the nearest cart we began to venture throughout the store.

  After awhile I felt my phone vibrate in my jacket pocket, I let go of Noah's hand and pulled it out to see Adara had texted her.

Adara: Wanna hangout tonight?

Scarlett: Sure:)

Adara: Be at your house at 7ish;)

Scarlett: Sounds Great😊

    After I placed my phone back in my pocket I found Noah's hand again, he glanced over at me with a questioning look.

  "Who was it?"

  He asked quietly, I smiled and tried to take the worry out of the equation.

   "Oh just Adara, she was going to come by tonight to hangout."

  I told him, he nodded and pulled me down a home supply aisle.

    "I think my Mom would like this."

  I stated as I pulled a plastic container of spatulas off of the nearest rack.

   "She's always complaining that she needs a new one."

  I added, Noah nodded and took it from me, he placed it in the cart and the two of us continued down the aisle.

   "I think you should get your Dad a basketball. You're always saying you want to do more things with him."

   I told him after we had ended up in the sport aisle, Noah nodded and grabbed a black basketball from the shelf beside him.

   "I think he'd love it."

  He told me, I nodded and stood on me tip toes to peck his cheek.

    "I think I wanna go somewhere else for your and Mayas gifts."

  He stated, I met his gaze and stepped back from him.

   "Why?"

  I asked curiously, he chuckled for the first time in what seemed like forever.

   "You'll see my love. You'll see..."

  He whispered before he placed his lips on mine.

    Noah had gotten me so interested in what his plans were that I couldn't seem to shake the thought from my mind, what was he up to?

  And why did Adara suddenly want to hangout, it seemed like she didn't even like me most of the time?