Parks and Chickfala

Scarlett Johnson

"Noah, no don't!"

I squealed out as his fingers tickled at my arm pits, we had been at the park down the street eating chickfala while sitting in the frosted grass beside each other.

"You're just too easy!"

He told me with a loud laugh, I grinned and nudged his arm lightly.

"What?"

He questioned, I giggled some more before talking.

"Nothing, I just love this."

I told him quietly, he nodded with a smile and took a bite of his chicken sandwich.

"Me too."

He said after he swallowed, his eyes fled over to a group of people our age that were headed towards the skatepark, I suddenly grew cautious.

"Ya, but what about our parents?"

He asked after the kids had disappeared, I looked down at the empty sandwich wrapper in my lap not really knowing what to say.

"I don't know."

I told him quietly, I suddenly felt his arm wrap around my shoulders, and I leaned my head onto his shoulder.

"In some ways I feel like I want them together."

Noah began, I finished his sentence for him.

"And in someways I don't."

I whispered, we both felt terrible for saying it, but it was the truth.

At that point in time I was pretty sure my Mom was okay with it, or she was done trying to keep the two of us apart.

Noah and I had grown closer together over the past weeks of being together, and I had seen different sides of him that I would have never seen if we weren't together.

"I love you."

He whispered interrupting my thoughts, I lifted my head and turned to meet his eyes.

"I love you too Campbell..."

I whispered back, Noah loved it when I called him Campbell, his cheeks would always turn bright red and would lead me to giggle.

He began to lean in, both of us oblivious to the fact that Adara happened to be watching not too far down the street, her jaw dropped open at the sight of our lips meeting.

After I pulled back from Noah, with the biggest grin on my face, Adara quickly disappeared around the block.

  Noah and I seemed to be happily content in our little world.