Perfectly Okay

Noah Campbell

"Babe?"

I asked as we lied on the bed in our hotel room, it was late and I wasn't sure if she was awake.

I shifted to my side and balanced my face on my hand, she rolled onto her back and met my eyes.

"Ya?"

She asked quietly, I smiled down at her and pecked her forehead lightly before speaking.

"Are you okay? I mean with all of this?"

I asked her in almost a whisper, she closed her eyes and nodded.

"Perfectly okay."

She whispered back, a smile crept across her face forcing me to grin.

"What?"

She asked, she could feel my eyes still on her, she opened them again and met mine.

"Nothing."

I told her quietly, I placed my hand on her stomach and traced circles with my thumb on the light fabric of her tank top.

"Noah. What is it, you can tell me anything..."

She whispered, I smiled down at her and kissed her lips gently.

"I just worry."

I told her, she grinned and placed her hands on my cheeks.

"Everything will be fine."

She told me softly, she ran a hand through my slightly wet hair.

"I know. Partly because I have
you."

I whispered, she giggled and pulled me down to kiss her.

I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her onto my chest.

After she pulled back she nestled her face into my neck and let out a deep sigh.

"Your just too sweet to me, did you know that?"

She asked quietly causing me to laugh, I held onto her tighter and took in the scent of her hair, oh how I loved that smell.

"And your the most gorgeous girl on the planet."

I whispered, I could already feel her face turning warm against my skin, I smiled knowing her face was bright red.

"Shut up."

She said, I smiled and tickled her back lightly, causing her to lightly squirm.

"I love you."

I whispered before kissing her bandaged temple.

"I love you too."

She whispered back, I sighed and closed my eyes.

I listened to the sound of her breathing, and the feeling of her heartbeat on my chest and I eventually drifted off to sleep.