I'm Sorry

Scarlett Johnson

"Excuse me miss, are you alright? You've been in there for quite awhile."

A flight attendant asked quietly through the bathroom door, I had been crying on the closed toilet seat for the past thirty minutes, I regretted everything.

   "Ya I'm fine!"

I called back, I quickly stood and wiped at my eyes, my makeup was smeared across my cheeks.

   I quickly exited the plane bathroom and pushed my way past the line of people waiting to use the bathroom.

I quickly sat back down in my seat and pulled my pillow onto my lap, I hugged it as I stared out the window.

Why did I tell, I ruined everything?

I thought, I closed my eyes and let my mind run wild.

Noah would probably never look at me the same, how could I have been stupid enough to tell our parents the truth.

For all I knew our own family wouldn't look at the two of us the same, if they could they'd probably disown us.

I eventually drifted off to sleep for what only felt like minutes, but suddenly my phone began to vibrate in my lap.

I slowly opened my eyes and pulled my phone into view, Noah's face appeared on the screen.

I hesitated for a moment, not really wanting to answer.

I didn't want to face him, I didn't want to hear the disappointment in his voice.

"Noah."

I whispered, I could already feel the tears coming on, why did I answer?

"Scarlett."

He whispered back, I sighed and took a deep breath in.

"I'm sorry."

He whispered, I was taken aback, what was he apologizing for?

"Noah, you shouldn't be the one apologizing, I'm the one that should be sorry."

I quickly told him, as I tried to keep my voice low with people sitting on all sides of me.

"I shouldn't have told, I shouldn't have left you, and it's okay if you never forgive me for that-"

I went on, but he eventually cut me off.

"Hey, don't ever think that I'm not going to forgive you, I could never do that to you. I just love you so much."

He told me, I let out a sigh of relief, it was like taking in a breath of fresh air for the first time hearing him say those words.

  "Excuse me miss, you need to turn that off."
A flight attendant had come down the aisle happened to be eyeing me up and down.

I nodded and tried to end the conversation with Noah, but it wasn't going to happen.

"I love you too, but Noah what are we going to do?"

I asked him, there was a pause on the line for a moment before he spoke.

"Whatever it is, we'll figure it out together."

He told me, I really wished at that moment that I could turn the plane around and go back to him.

"When are you coming home?"

I asked him, I could hear giggling behind me, I turned around to see two teen girls staring at an iPhone between the two of them.

"The night of Jingle Ball, we'll figure everything out then."

He told me quietly, I nodded to myself and changed position in my seat.

"Alright love, I've gotta go. I promise baby I'll talk to you soon, I love you so much."

He told me, I smiled and my cheeks turned red.

"I love you too Campbell."

I whispered before hanging up.

The flight attendant glared at me before walking away.

I had totally forgotten about my Mom, that was waiting to pick me up at the airport in Toronto, and lets just say she wasn't the happiest person on the planet.