Don't Leave Me

Scarlett Johnson

    "Awe, look who got themselves strung throughout the headlines of online media all over the world!"

  John said happily after the two of us entered the hotel room.

He didn't bother going with us to lunch, he wasn't in the mood to watch us be all in love.

    "What are you talking about?"

Noah asked he quickly shut the door, John turned his phone on and handed it over to Noah.

   Noah was quiet for a moment before handing me the phone, I slowly took it and read the headline I had been dreading.

  Above was a picture of Noah and I at the restaurant sitting across from each other in the little booth, our hands were entwined.

   "Noah and his new girlfriend out at Olive Garden today in LA! Who is this mystery girl?"

I read out loud, my heart sank at the words.

   "Noah, what are we going to do?"

  I asked nervously, I handed John his phone back and he started for the door.

"What did you guys think was going to happen? Noah you're a famous hot throb who the entire world is constantly watching..."

John said suddenly.

   "Well you two have fun, umm... Forget I said that, make good choices!"

  He called before he awkwardly closed the door behind him.

    I took a seat on the edge of the bed, Noah paced in front of me.

  I stayed silent, eventually Noah squatted down in front of me, he rested both his hands on my thighs.

    "Babe, it's fine."

   He whispered, I shook my head and stood up almost knocking him over.

    "Noah, it's not fine! Nothing's fine anymore!"

  I snapped at him, his face grew serious and he tried to approach me, but I kept my distance.

    "Every waking moment I'm constantly worrying about who's going to find out next! I can't take it anymore, Noah the world is telling us this isn't supposed to happen! It has been ever sense this whole thing started, and I think it's time we listen to it!"

  I screamed, the tears started to stream down my cheeks, I had lost it.

"Johns right! How in hell did we not expect this to happen, we're completely blind stupid idiots!"

    "Baby please don't-"

  Noah started, but I stopped him, I quickly bolted for my bag under the bed.

  I began chucking all of my belongings into it, Noah watched frozen.

    "I'm going home."

  I told him, I didn't dare look at him, I wiped at my eyes as I grabbed the last few things I had left in the bathroom.

    "Scarlett?"

  Noah asked from behind me as I got ready to open the door, I turned around to face him, tears were in his eyes.

   "What Noah?"

  I asked my voice shaky, he sighed.

   "Don't leave me."

  He whispered, I shook my head and grabbed the doorknob.

  "I have too."

  I whispered before I pulled the door open, I walked out and shut it loudly behind me.

   "I love you Noah, but I just can't do this anymore."

  I whispered over my shoulder, I knew he couldn't hear me, but it was the truth, I'd always love him.