The Strange Buff Guy

Noah Campbell

"Scarlett, I'll be right back baby."

I whispered in her ear after standing up from the bed.

"Ya, hun."

She moaned out, her eyes were still closed and I could tell she was still asleep.

I smiled to myself and slipped out into the hallway needing to call Lucas about the plans for the day.

He answered on the second ring, and there was lots of commotion in the background.

"Hey Noah buddy! What's up?"

Lucas asked excitingly into the phone, I held the phone a little ways away from my ear as I spoke.

"Nothing much just at the hotel, by the way isn't this going to cost a fortune?"

I quickly asked, I leaned up against the wall beside the door to the room.

"Oh don't worry about it, it's all covered!"

He told me, I nodded to myself and stared down the long narrow hallway.

A young man was leaving the elevator and glanced my way, I was praying he wouldn't recognize me, but he continued into a room a few doors down.

"So your girl came right?"

Lucas asked pulling my attention back to the call.

"Oh ya, she did."

I told him quietly the smile on my face only widening.

"Well I can't wait to meet her!"

He said happily, I ran a hand through my hair and my eyes drifted towards the ground.

"Ya, umm that's actually why I called, what are the plans for today?"

I asked him, I could hear laughter in the background of the call.

"Oh, John is actually on his way to pick you up, he'll bring you out to the Staples Center."

He told me, I started to turn for the door expecting to end the call any second.

"Alright, thanks Lucas, I guess I'll see you soon."

I told him, I entered the room after hanging up and closed the door lightly behind me.

Scarlett was still in bed her arms covering her face, she looked so beautiful even when she was sleeping.

I slowly approached her and took a seat on the edge of the bed.

"Hey baby, I'm gonna get in the shower real quick my friend is going to be here soon."

I told her, she sleepily grunted unknown words at me, I took that she wasn't a morning person.

I quickly slipped into the bathroom and started the water up.

Scarlett

I heard the shower water turn on awhile ago as I lied there in bed.

I was extremely tired and pretty sure I had jet lag.

After a few moments of just lying there I heard a loud knock on the door.

I wasn't expecting anyone so I got up and wrapped myself in a blanket.

I slowly approached the door and peered through the little peep hole in the center of the wood.

My eyes instantly landed on a large buff man standing directly in front of me, his arms were covered in black tattoos and his black tank top showed them all off.

After I pulled the door open the man eyed me up and down for a short moment.

"You must be Scarlett! It's so nice to meet you!"

He said in a raspy low voice, I backed up a little, how did he know my name?

"Who are you?"

I asked him trying not to sound rude, suddenly I heard the bathroom door open behind me.

"John!"

Noah called, I turned around in the doorway to see a shirtless Noah Campbell with soaking wet hair walking towards the two of us.

Noah embraced the man named John in a short hug and he turned to face me.

"Scar, this is John, my bodyguard."

He told me, John stuck out his hand for me to shake, I took it hesitantly and tried to force a smile.

Noah placed his arm across my shoulders and kissed my cheek lightly.

"Come on in!"

He told John happily, John walked in after the two of us and closed the door behind him.

"You guys almost ready?"

He asked, I met Noah's eyes a little confused, I had only woken up five minutes ago.

"Oh sorry darling, we are umm, going to the Staples Center. We'll give you some time to get ready."

Noah whispered in my ear, I nodded.

I grabbed my bag from under the bed and headed for the bathroom, what a strange morning.