Here's The Catch

Noah Campbell

  After our parents got home I disappeared into my room across the hall and collapsed onto my bed.

As I lied there my mind was in a whirl, I was in love for the first time in my life with the most beautiful girl out there, but why did she have to be my step sister?

     My phone started ringing on my nightstand a few minutes later interrupting my thoughts, I wasn't really expecting any calls, so I didn't know who it would be.

   I picked it up to see my manager Lucas Scott's name on the screen.

   I was on a long break and didn't really understand why he was calling.

I answered the phone and placed it to my hear.

  "Hello?"

I asked, there was a pause on the line before he spoke.

   "Hey Noah, I've got some good news!"

Lucas came out and said, I closed my eyes and waited for him to go on.

   "We've got you all set for this years Jingle Ball!"

He happily told me, I quickly sat up from my bed a little shocked.

   "What, I thought you said there was a slim chance this year?"

I asked him kind of confused.

    "Well buddy it's happening, and we kind of need you to get down here to LA."

He said excitingly, I stood from my bed and began to pace my room. 

   "Wait why so soon, isn't Jingle Ball in like three weeks?"

I asked quietly, I could hear loud music in the background of the call, but suddenly it faded.

   "Rehearsals begin this week, so you need to get your butt down here ASAP, it's going to be a blast this year!"

He said loudly, I nodded to myself and stopped pacing.

   "How long?"

I asked, I probably confused him with such a short question.

  "What do you mean how long?"

He questioned, I ran a hand through my hair and took a seat back on my bed.

   "When will I be coming home again?"

I asked clarifying what I was asking.

  "Honestly you could fly home the night of Jingle Ball, so three weeks."

He answered shortly.

   "But Noah, why aren't you happy about this? A few months ago you would've been ecstatic. Wait I know what this is... There's a girl isn't there?"

He asked, I smiled at the door knowing my beautiful girlfriend was just a second away from me.

    "Ya, ya there is."

I almost whispered, Lucas began to laugh on the line.

  "Why didn't you just say that in the first place, why don't you bring her along?"

He asked still laughing in between words.

   I thought for a moment, nobody in that part of my life knew about Scarlett, or actually none of them knew that my Dad remarried.

It could work, Scarlett could go with me to California and we could be together in front of the crew, our parents would never know.

    "Ya, that might work, I'll have to talk to her first, but I'll get back to you."

I told him, with the biggest grin on my face.

   "Alright mate, well I have all your plans set up for your flight tomorrow. You go on and text me when that girl of yours says yes!"

Lucas told me quickly, I smiled and hung up the phone.

I couldn't wait to tell Scarlett the news.

Scarlett Johnson

Noah entered my room in his pajamas, which was only is black basketball shorts, I smiled up at him as he took a seat on my bed beside me.

"Hey beautiful, I've got some news."

He said quietly, I sat up in bed and scooted over so my face was inches away from his.

"What is it handsome?"

I asked, he grinned and lightly kissed my nose.

"I'm performing again at Jingle Ball this year."

He told me with a laugh, I grinned widely and kissed his lips quickly and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Oh my gosh, baby I'm so proud of you!"

I squealed out as I tried to keep her voice low.

"Ya, but here's the catch."

He whispered, he left little kisses down the side of my neck sending my mind into a frenzy.

"You can go with me."

He told me, he pulled back and met my eyes to see her reaction.

"What?"

I asked a little confused, he smiled and kissed my cheek.

"Scar, nobody knows that I have a step Mom in that part of my life. So that means they don't know I have a step sister."

He told me, I shook my head and remembered the messages my friend Candace had sent me just weeks ago.

"Noah, it was all over the internet."

I told him quietly, he grinned.

"My manager determined that fake a few days ago, none of them believe it, or most of them stay away from that stuff."

He told me, I shook my head and stood from the bed, he followed not too far behind.

"Babe, please go with me. I want at least some people in my life to know that I'm happily in love with the most gorgeous girl on the planet."

Noah whispered, he slowly approached me and placed his hands on my cheeks.

"Okay... But what about our parents?"

I asked him after a long moment of silence.

Noah thought for a moment before speaking.

"We'll just tell them you've never been to a concert and you want to see your old friend, Candace."

He said after a moment, he looked to still be thinking it over as he said it.

"I don't want to lie."

I told him quietly, he smiled down at me.

"We won't be lying, I'll get Candace a ticket to the show, and have you been to a concert before?"

He asked me, I shook my head.

"See then we aren't lying."

He smiled and kissed my lips softly, I held onto him tightly, and thoughts of someone finding out about the two of us drifted into my head.