Would You Say It's Love

Noah Campbell

   "Noah, are you okay? You seem a little distracted today?"

   John asked me, I slowly nodded my head trying to fake being okay, but on the inside I wasn't.

    "Where did that girl of yours go off to?"

  He asked me while I placed one of my electrics into its case.

   "Oh, umm- Ya she had to get back home."

  I told him a little hesitantly, he sighed and next thing I knew he patted my shoulder.

   "Well don't worry Noah, she'll be watching."

  He told me, I wasn't sure if I was supposed to be creeped out by his comment or not, so I brushed it off and finished packing up all my
guitars for the show that next night.

     "Is this thing, you know between the two of you serious?"

  John asked out of nowhere after a few quiet moments, I took a seat on a black leather couch in the new hotel room we had been in, and my eyes then met his.

    "Yes... Yes it is."

  I told him shortly, he smiled widely and picked up a sports magazine from the side table beside him.

   "Would you say its love?"

   He asked me, I felt my cheeks turn red at his question.

  I didn't respond for a moment and gathered my thoughts, he looked up at me and smiled, he already knew my answer.

    "I've never been in love, but I know I am..."

  I told him quietly, I quickly pulled my phone out of my pocket, it had vibrated twice and I had to check to see if it was Scarlett.

Dad: Don't forget to call me from the airport tomorrow night before you leave.

    I read, I sighed and placed my phone on my thigh, I ran my hands through my hair a few times before resting my head back on the couch.

    "You ready for tomorrow?"

  John asked me, I closed my eyes and crossed my arms over my chest.

   "Ready as I'll ever be..."

  I sighed out, I was exhausted from all the rehearsals for the show tomorrow, they felt like never ending movies on repeat if you know what I mean.

     My phone suddenly vibrated on my lap again, I quickly shot up and pulled it closely to my face.

Scarlett: Call me in 5.

   It read, I quickly got up from my chair and headed for the door.

    "Going to find some food, be back in a few!"

  I called over to John, who was half listening as he stared at the magazine with a golfer on the front.

    I found an empty hallway and leaned against the wall waiting the five minutes to call Scarlett, my heart pounded in my chest in anticipation of hearing her beautiful voice.