Sleep Over at Noahs

Noah Campbell

I didn't exactly know where I was going, but I couldn't bare looking at Scarlett anymore knowing that I was the cause of all her pain and confusion.

It was dark out, and the only sound to be heard was the loud noise of my jeeps engine as I flew down the streets in our little neighborhood.

I knew I had messed everything up, I should've just left it alone and everything would've been fine, but everything wasn't.

"Shit!"

   I cursed when I suddenly saw Kaden walking on the side of the road, well stumbling on the side of the road.

  I slammed on the breaks and pulled up beside him.

"Kaden buddy, what are you doing?"

  I asked, somehow he had walked five houses away from his own.

"Oh hey Noah boy! What up!"

He yelled in a slur as he began to fall over.

  I quickly got out of the car and helped him up off the ground.

His clothes were covered in mud, great.

"Come on you can stay over tonight."

  I told him, a stupid grin spread across his face.

"Yay! Sleepover at Noah's!"

  He said loudly, I laughed at his stupidness.

I practically threw him into the back seat of my car, and climbed back into the drivers seat.

I quickly drove him back to my house, and I pulled into the driveway were I had been ten minutes earlier.

"Our parents are out, but Kaden,
Scarlett and Maya are home. You need to be quiet."

  I told him quietly, he laughed.

"Ooh Scarlett, ya know I think she likes you."

   He told me, the sudden reminder of her broke my heart.

I hauled Kaden into the house with his arm across my shoulders, his feet practically dragged on the cement below us.

I got him through the front door, but after I kicked it shut I looked up to meet Scarlett's eyes.

"Look Noah! It's your girlfriend- she umm, doesn't look too happy!"

  Kaden said quietly, Scarlett gave me the, you told him look.

  I quickly shook my head and helped Kaden into the living room.

  I chucked him onto the couch, and threw a blanket over him, he was out in an instant.

"Noah, can we talk?"

  I heard Scarlett ask from behind me, I turned to see her standing in the door way, her arms hugging her fragile body.

   I nodded and watched her walk up the stairs, I took that as a sign to follow.

She turned into her room and I entered shortly after her.

  Before I knew it she had shut the door behind me.

Her lips crashed onto mine moments later, out of breath and confused I finally sank into her and kissed her back.

  I placed my hands on her hips and pulled her closer to me.

She pulled back and rested her head on my shoulder, I sighed and wrapped my arms around her.

"I'm sorry."

  I whispered, she let out a deep breath and hugged me tightly.

"I'm sorry too."

She whispered, I stroked her hair with my fingertips and held onto her for a long time.

"I love you."

  She whispered, my heart was mended with her words, I smiled widely.

"I love you too Scar."

I whispered back.