The Lecture

Noah Campbell

   "Noah! You can't just go off wherever, whenever you feel like it!"

  John boomed loudly down at me, I rolled my eyes as he slammed the hotel door behind him.

  I crossed the room and took a seat on the bed beside Scarlett, and placed my hand on her thigh.

    "You don't have a clue of how worried I was about you, you as well Scarlett!"

  He shouted, I noticed Scarlett meet Johns eyes for a moment.

   "I know, I-"

  I began, but John suddenly cut me off.

    "No Noah, I'm sick and tired of you venturing off on your little rendezvous! You could get mobbed and injured! I can't be held responsible for that, I just can't!"

  He yelled, I stayed put and began to feel anger building up in my veins.

  I slowly stood up to eye level with him, with my fists clenched I let it all out.

    "You're not my dad! I can handle myself on my own! I'm 18 years old, I'm an adult! You don't have the right to control when and what I do every second of everyday!!!"

   I screamed, shaking with anger I turned and headed for the bathroom, I entered and slammed the door heavily behind me, only moments later to hear the hotel door bang shut.

      I slid down onto the tiled floor and brought my knees up to my chest, everything was falling apart.

  I didn't wake up planning to hurt John along with my parents, it was all too complicated.

   Moments later I heard a light tap on the bathroom door, I shifted position and scooted away from the door to lean on the wall.

   "Noah?"

  I heard Scarlett whispered, I sighed and spoke.

   "Come in."

  I called quietly, I looked up to watch my beautiful girlfriend walk in.

   She closed the door behind her and slid down beside me, she didn't speak for a quiet minute.

   After the silence started to get on my nerves, I placed my hand in her lap and laced our fingers together.

  She leaned her head on my shoulder and I ran a hand through her soft hair.

   "Everything is going to be alright Campbell."

  She whispered, I smiled to myself and kissed her temple lightly.

    "Do you know how much I love you?"

  I whispered, she shifted below me and lifted her head from my shoulder.

  I turned my head to face her, her eyes melted into mine.

   She leaned in and our mouths moved slowly against each other, she pulled back with a smile on her face and her cheeks were a little red.

   "I love you too Campbell."

  She whispered, I smiled once more and kissed her cheek lightly.