Mama and The Phone

Scarlett Johnson

   "Mom have you seen my phone!"

  I called as I entered the kitchen, I had swept through my entire bedroom and bathroom in search of it for the past twenty minutes. 

    "Yes I took it."

  My Mom stated bluntly as she stood at the stovetop, I stopped in my tracks and froze, watching her intently.

   "What do you mean you took it?"

  I questioned a little confused, my Mom turned around to face me.

   "I meant what I said."

  She told me shortly she turned back to flipping pancakes.

   "Wait why?"

I asked, I heard her sigh quietly to herself.

  "I pay for your phone bills, and I know you've been texting Noah."

She told me quietly, my mouth flew open.

   "You read my text messages!"

  I yelled, my Mom quickly spun around to face me again.

  "You have no right to do that!"

I screamed out, her eyebrows rose higher with every word.

    "I'm your Mom, I do have rights to know who you're talking to!"

  She said sternly back, I glared at her and crossed my arms over my chest.

    "When can I have it back?"

  I asked more calmly, she didn't say anything for a moment.

   "When I have all this figured out."

  She stated, she then turned and removed the pancakes from the stovetop and placed them on a plate.

   "Breakfast."

  She said, she grabbed a fork and held the plate of pancakes out to me, I stared in disbelief, she acted as if nothing had happened.

   Without a word I gave her my best death glare and turned on my heel and left the kitchen, not really having anything else to say to her.

   I had to get out of there, I needed a way to get my phone back for multiple reasons.

   One I needed to talk to Noah, and two I wanted to find the quickest, cheapest way back to LA.