Central Park

Noah Campbell

"Scar?"

I asked quietly, the towers of New York that surrounded us calming in unusual way.

My beautiful girlfriend turned to face me her head on my shoulder as we lied in the grass in Central Park,  staring up at the night sky, my arms around her.

"Ya Noah?"

She asked in a relaxed tone, I grinned down at her, and I reached up and brushed a stray strand of hair out of her face.

"We should do this more often..."

I whispered, I glanced over to see an older man sitting on a bench staring over at us, a smile on his face.

"Do what?"

She asked a little confused, her attention drifted back to the view above us.

"I mean, relax and do nothing."

I told her, she slowly nodded, her hand relaxing on my stomach seconds later.

"I agree."

She whispered back, I grinned up at the view, everything was so perfect.

The past few days in New York had been great and I felt like I never wanted it to end.

All of our problems were forgotten, not a worry in our world.

Now to be laying in the grass in the middle of Central Park with my girl, the day was ending just right.

"I love you Noah."

She whispered so I could barely hear her, I met the old mans eyes again, even though he was wearing dark tinted glasses I knew he winked.

I smiled, and he tilted his head up to face the sky, my guess was he had gotten lost in thought.

"I love you Scar."

I whispered calmly, Scarlett shifted her position and rested her head on my chest, I ran my hands through her long golden hair and up and down her back as we lied still for the next few hours.