She Saw Everything

Scarlett Johnson

I followed Maya down a long narrow hospital hallway, my mind spinning, Noah was okay.

Maya must of noticed my nerves because she reached out and took a hold of my shaking hand.

Maya led me to a wooden door near the end of a hallway, and she wrapped her hand around the knob, she pushed it open and allowed me to walk in first.

I walked in to see a women I'd never met before sitting on a bed beside Noah in the center of the room.

Noah's eyes snapped open once the door clicked shut behind me.

He quickly brought his attention to me, I felt like crying once my eyes met his.

"Mom, Dad, do you mind giving us a moment?"

Noah asked out of nowhere, I looked over at Paxton he nodded with a sincere smile.

The women that was supposedly Noah's Mom didn't budge, she turned her head to face me, a death glare upon her face.

"Mom, please just a few minutes?"

Noah asked, I already knew she hated me, and it made sense why.

My Mom swept Paxton off his feet in an instant, I could tell she was still holding onto the past.

"Alright darling, just a few minutes."

She told him, he nodded with a small smile.

  She then got up and exited the room, she slightly bumped into my shoulder on purpose as she went.

After the door was closed, I stayed still, and waited for him to say something, anything, but after a while of him just intently staring at me, she spoke up.

"It's all my fault..."

I whispered, I dropped my eyes to the ground, and tears started to stream down my face.

"Baby, it's not your fault, come here."

Noah told me, I shook my head the events from earlier on replay.

"Noah I'm so sorry..."

I whispered ignoring his request, I heard him shift on the bed.

"Scar, please look at me?"

He asked, I finally got enough courage and raised my eyes, his met mine almost instantly.

He had sat up straighter on the bed, I could see tears starting to form in his eyes.

"I should've looked both ways."

I told him quietly, he nodded and patted the bed.

"Baby, please?"

He begged, I finally walked over, my emotions took over as I took a seat beside him.

Suddenly he wrapped his arms around me, and I could feel his warm lips press up against my forehead as we sat in silence for a short moment.

"Hey, don't blame any of this on yourself. I'm okay, we are both okay."

He told me slowly, his hands found their way to my cheeks, and he leaned in to kiss me.

His lips met mine slowly at first, then he deepened it, the tears still streamed down my face.

"Noah! Scarlett! What are you doing?"

We both heard Maya gasp loudly near the door, I pulled away as quickly as possible and jumped off the bed.

Maya stood with the door closed behind her, her eyes wide, she had seen everything.