44

June 29th, 2011
Paris, France
•••Amelia•••

Paris. I've always loved coming here with other clients I have worked with but I'll always remember the first time I ever came here, it was with Prince. The first time I ever went to a new country to the first time we kissed. This will be the first time in years that we are back here together. I've been giddy ever since we arrived yesterday. Prince has been having his mind deep in the shows so I didn't mention it.

Since the whole little situation on his birthday, I have noticed him being extremely lowkey as if he is up to something. When my 'special' day came around—he just gifted me with a large bouquet of roses that were sent by a shop since he was busy with work, I didn't even see him that whole day. He wears the necklace I gave him every single day, even showing it off to the close people around us.

As for my moving process to Minnesota, we did go back to Buffalo to pack up a few things—mostly just clothes and a few photos. I'm leaving bigger things like my furniture for my mother to have. When I shared the news that I was moving to my family I did get mixed responses. My sisters, we're happy for me, especially Arielle since she leaves in Minnesota now. My mother knew the whole time so it wasn't much coming from her but my brothers seem to be a bit standoff-ish but becoming supportive about it.

I did have my thoughts about moving but if I know that Prince will be the one for me then I better take this chance. It was hard speaking with everyone at my studio about it because we are our own little family but they understood as well and I won't be that far anyway.

Break down! Huh, this is a bust...
All you sorry motherfuckers up against the wall,
If you don't play, bite the dust,
Cuz in a couple of simple fucking phrases.
I'm going to hip you to the fucking plays of,
The brand new mad style - y'all say!

"These are the days of wild—Hell yeah!" I rapped along with the track as I take down my hair and sway my hips to the beat. Since we went back to my house to pack up some things, I decided to take my CD player on tour so I could listen to my favorite CDs that aren't on my iPod. 'Crystal Ball' album is one of my favorite albums to listen to on repeat when I'm in a good mood.

Pop guns and weed? Brother, please!
We're too wise for nonsense,
The other '90s was better suited for that biz,
Back when Dick was fucking Liz,
Before soda pop had fizz,
Don't blame it on your jockstrap full of jizz...

I continue to rap along to the music while running my fingers through my overnight pin curls, they bounce nicely with volume and shine traveling down the midway of my shoulders. A few weeks ago, Kim gave me a big chop that almost sent Prince into a heart attack.

Mentality so insane,
I got a TEC-9, too, and it's called my brain.
Shoot another brother? Not today,
Death from envy is the only way,
I can tear shit up y'all, that's my style.
These are the days of wild, put 'em up!

"Aye! Aye!" I danced in the mirror in a bra and fuzzy pajama shorts, just feeling myself. It felt like I was in the club with my friends again back in the day—I always would out dance them girls, and all the guys would be in my direction.

My hands throwing up random 'gang' signs and pointing at myself in the mirror as I arch my back going down, poking out my rear on the beat then slowly coming back up. "Whew! My knees ain't the same anymore." I laugh to myself in the act of still moving around the bathroom.

"They're good for me." A deep voice scares the soul out of me. I jump back seeing Prince leaning in the doorway—smirking at me in the mirror. "Having fun? I think the girls are waiting on you." I turn around to face him and lean against the counter, catching my breath.