2

June 27th, 2010
•••Amelia•••

I haven't been back in California in a year or so, the last time I was here was for the memorial service for Michael. It's hot as hell here and it's worse in the summertime. My flight here was great with all the treats of being in first class. I arrived last night and I couldn't sleep for anything because I'm so nervous. This is a big opportunity so I have to be on my A-Game.

My main and back up camera are ready to go. I just need to get myself together. I slip into my black short bodycon dress I got when I was last in New York for a photoshoot for Alicia Keys.

Smoothing out my dress, I posed in the mirror to get a quick look before moving onto makeup and hair. The hotel room is filled with music playing from my travel size Bluetooth speaker.

"1..2..1..2..3..4!"

I sway my hips to the beat of Raspberry Beret. Of course, this would pop up on shuffle, it's one of my favorite 80's tracks from him.

Continuing on with getting ready, I did my makeup naturally with some light dramatic effects around my eyes. Once my hair was in order that's when I place some jewelry on.
I felt beautiful in every possible way. I practice my red carpet poses as if I will walk but I'm still not sure about it. Might as well practice a bit.

Luckily I got ready when I did because I have to leave out in ten minutes

Luckily I got ready when I did because I have to leave out in ten minutes. The show starts up at 8 but I have to be there at 7. A car picked me up to take me to the Shrine Auditorium. Traffic is insane but they were very in control of getting through with no problems.

As we got closer, I send a few texts to my family and friends letting them know that I'm almost there. Stacy was the first to text me back.

Stacy👯‍♀️❤️
••• Good Luck and have fun!!😘
••• You probably know but I hope you don't run into him...

Huh?

••• Run into who?

Stacy👯‍♀️❤️
••• Prince...he's getting some lifetime achievement award...oh shit you didn't know!

••• Fuck my life...

Stacy👯‍♀️❤️
••• I'm sorry kid😂

••• Shut up😭

I toss my phone in my purse and sigh heavily while we pull up to the red carpet. My anxiety began taking control of my body. I mean I would have found out during the show about him and his damn award.

Honestly, I spend 11 years trying to pick myself up after him and I realize lots of things. Prince is an amazing person for giving me a chance as his personal photographer. We shared good and bad times together for only knowing each other for four months. In four months all of that shit happen! I told him that he will always have a place in my heart and that's true. So if I do see him, I will say something. But I won't go out my way to see his ass.