4

A/N: Since everyone is really enjoying the story so far, I'll post another chapter☺️! Thank you for reading, voting and commenting so far, love you all😘✨

July 10th, 2010
•••Ameila•••

Prince stuck around for one more day then left on Saturday since his tour started on the 4th of July in Denmark. It was nice to catch up with him for a little while and kinda bittersweet to see him go but I'm fine with space from him.

I told Stacy about him coming here and our talk, surprisingly she wasn't as on the fence about it as I thought she would be. She seems more...I don't know..happy that we talked. I'm happy as well because I got everything out after all these years. So much weight is lifted off my shoulders.

My off days are here and I'm ready to relax for the weekend. I woke up early around nine to have a jog around Delaware Park and got some breakfast from this dinner not too far from my house. Now it's time to relax completely with the AC on and a good lifetime movie.

People think I'm more of an old lady now because I don't drink and party as much anymore but I like being alone. Well sometimes. I mean I wouldn't mind someone to share my time with but nobody wants to hook up with ya girl Melia. Then again I don't want a hookup, I want something real, something that lasts forever.

"See, that's what you get for marrying a man you met," I spoke at the television while snacking on some popcorn. "Just dumb."

My cellphone breaks me out of watching the movie. I reach over grabbing the phone seeing it's an unknown number so I ignore it going back to watch. As I take a sip of my juice, once again the phone rings with the same unknown caller.

I hit answer bringing it up to my ear. "Hello?"

"Amelia."

A smile grew on my face as I tried to hide as he could see me. I sat up comfortably while grabbing a hand full of popcorn.

"Prince. Hello." I said simply. "I should have known it was you. I need to program your number."

"Don't."

I raise a brow while eating, "Why not?"

He chuckles. "Because this is not my phone."

"Then when why are you not calling me on your phone?" I ask curiously. He hums lightly as I snicker.

"I don't have a cellphone, that's why," Prince says making my laugh. Everyone has a phone! But of course, Prince has to be the odd one out. "What are you eating on? I hear you munching on something."

"Damn, you all in my business. Chill out, little guy." I said into the phone and hearing his laugh makes me laugh too. "It's popcorn."

"Swear Jar, Amelia." He mentions. I let out a loud smack of my teeth. Prince would start this shit again when we are getting back in contact.

"You know I'm not rich but I have a lot more money in my pocket because of you and that damn jar." I joked around. "And I'm not putting nothing in there either."

"Why is that? You cuss around me and you have to pay. No matter what."

My eyes rolled as if he could see me. "I'm technically not around you. Plus I'm sure the jar is at Paisley Park, and I'm not going there any time soon."

Prince scoffs, "What if I invited you? Would you come?"

"You are on tour and we both said we are taking this friendship slow, Prince." I can tell this will be the main problem of his. "Slow means we will move at a slow pace to get to know each other again. Paisley brings back bad memories."