25

October 21st, 2010
Same day
•••Amelia•••

"What the fuck?!"

"Hey now! Language." Prince comes into the bathroom as I hold my phone on my phone staring at the text message that Robyn sent me. "What's going on?"

I stood there in shock at the fact she just texts me some news that I definitely did not want to hear about. My stomach churns with anxiety and fear as Prince steps next to me and tries to take the phone from me but I hold onto it tightly.

"Amelia, let me see." He says sternly.

I yank the phone back and stare at him, "Prince, this is something personal. I'm not sure if I can share this with you right now. We have to leave out soon and this is a big deal to me--"

Without any warning, he snatches the phone from me to read the message. I stand in the bathroom in half dress with my sweater and underwear on. Prince steps into the hotel bedroom reading the text so I followed after him.

" 'Brian came by the studio looking for you. I told him you were away. Wtf.' " Prince read aloud and turns to me with a tilted head. "Who is Brian? And what does W.T.F means?" He starts breathing heavily eyeing me down with a hard glare.

I take a deep breath resting my hands on my hips. "Prince, I don't wanna talk about it right now. We have to leave in twenty minutes." This discussion was not meant to be talked about here nor at this time, I was waiting until we got back to Minnesota or Buffalo to tell him about Brian. "Wtf mean what the fuck, by the way." I snicker but he holds a stone-cold expression.

He tosses the phone on the bed and folds his arms continuing to give me a scolding look. "Tell me who Brian is, Amelia, or for the love of Jehovah, I will lose my cool. Stop beating behind the bush and just tell me. I hate when you do that, it gets on my nerves."

I perk up with slight anger and bit the inside of my cheek trying to refrain from cussing this Nergo out. He bugged out his eyes and shakes his head as if he was waiting on me. I step forward grabbing my phone from the bed.

"He was my ex-boyfriend, my longest relationship. I loved him." I said truthfully while staring into his eyes. "We were a good couple in the beginning but some years when by and he became verbally and once physically abusive towards me," I told him holding back some tears as I saw him soften up. "He went away to get some help for his problems. I haven't heard from him until now. There. Are you happy now?" I wipe the few tears that fell down my face. Prince comes closer to comfort me but I move back.

"Melia..." He whispers as I shake my head hiding my face from him trying to pull myself together. "Look at me, Baby."

I wipe my face with the back of my hands shaking off that emotional moment. I chuckle lightly, "I'm fine. I need to finish getting ready." I told him walking past him and grabs my wrist. "Prince, I don't want to go into details right now. We will talk about when we get back home."

Home...what is home? Minne or Buff. Both...

"But--"

"It's final, Prince." I yank my arm while gritted my teeth. He backs away as I go back to the bathroom to fix my makeup.

Today I didn't think we would have this conversation. I text Robyn back quickly before fixing my mascara, eyeliner, and foundation. Prince is shuffling around in the room, I love that man but sometimes he knows we are one and the same. Just like he likes to be left alone when he's upset or angry, I like the same. Now I have to deal with this outing with all of us.

I thought of Sheila joining us on this day makes me feel like he's pressing my buttons. We may act friendly in front of Prince but Sheila doesn't like me for her fucked up reasons since I met her, while I dislike the fact that she never gave me a chance and I don't know for sure if she lying or not about having a relationship with Prince. I turned off the light in the bathroom and walked out getting my bottoms. Prince watches me as I pull on my jeans, he gives me a look of disapproval.