17

October 10th, 2010
•••Amelia•••

"You have everything?"

"Yeah, I just have my carry on and equipment. I sent my other suitcases a few days ago." I told my mother. She volunteered to take me to the airport.

My younger brother, Mari, pats my shoulder. "Now, don't forget about us when you out traveling the world. Remember to call and check-in." He tells me as I smack my lips.

"You know I will. You make sure you, Arielle, and Angela check on my house. Shawn still out of town so he's off the hook." I mention my older brother while swinging my backpack over my shoulder. Mari pulls me into a tight hug. "I'll be back for Thanksgiving and Christmas."

"Have fun with that purple guy." He jokes as we pull away. My mother opens her arms for me, I wrap my arms around her.

"I'm so proud of you like always. Remember to call and have a good time." She whispers in my ear. "Did you pack your-"

"Mama, yes. I have it." I know exactly what she's speaking of. She smiles softly and kisses my cheek. "I'm thirty-four years old. You treat me like I'm four."

She adjusts the hood on my hoodie and flings back my hair over my shoulder. "I'll always look over my babies and make sure everything is right no matter what age y'all are."

I heard my flight being called so it was time for the real goodbyes. Arielle would have come to be she's working, Angela is also working but I'm pretty sure that she didn't want to say goodbye to me anyways. She has a problem with me leaving out of nowhere with Prince. On top of that, she has a problem with Prince because of what happened in the past though I told her that we are cool now. Nothing is good enough for that woman, I swear.

After going through security and some more waiting, I was on my way on the plane along with others. Prince told me that we going to buy my ticket but I was quicker than him with buying it. Currently, I'm wearing all of the jewelry that he gave me. My phone buzzes with a notification as I pulled it out from my backpack. I began to smile lightly from the text message.

Stacy👯‍♀️❤️
••• Have a safe flight! Call me when you settle in. Miss you lots❤️❤️

••• Thank you, babes😘 , Miss you more and I will call youuuu☺️

I shut off my phone completely and place it back in my bag. My mind thinks of my best friend, Stacy. She's known about everything since the beginning and has been through it all for me, and I've been through it all for her as well. When I went through Rehab, she came up to Buffalo for five months to live with me and help me through it. I haven't told her about my situation with Prince except for me working for him again for a while. She's so busy with her family and working at Rolling Stones magazine but I promise soon that I'll see her and my goddaughter very soon.

My body gets comfortable in my seat as I began to think about traveling to Minnesota. I haven't seen Prince for some weeks now, almost a month. He's excited for me to come out a bit early and so am I. This makes me remember times of coming out here and being nervous or wondering what might happen on this trip to see my 'boss'.

Only time will tell...

~~~~~~~~~~~

Three and half hours later