33

December 13th, 2010

•••Amelia•••

Prince has joined everyone from his tour managers, crew, band, wardrobe members, and me for a meeting about the two-year tour that is starting in two days. He had a real press conference, and everyone is excited for the 80 shows that are scheduled within America and Europe. We are all settled in the open atrium of Paisley Park since The Band and crew are on break from getting things together for the shows. Prince has been great to take my mind off of the drama with my sister.

I've talked to Arielle and my mother but not a word from Angela. She acted like a true...well...like a true bitch and I'm sick of sticking up for her behavior. What she pulled in front of Prince was so disrespectful. For the most part, I don't think about it, but I know that we will see each other for Christmas in a few weeks. Hopefully, I won't be going alone back to Buffalo for the holidays though I know that Prince will give me a hassle about it.

"Is anyone sitting here?" An unfamiliar voice brought me out of my thoughts. I glance up from reviewing my photo I took at the press conference of Prince. A man, a semi-handsome man stands in front of me with his hand in his pockets. Even though I'm sitting down I can tell he's about six feet tall. Caramel's skin—a bit darker than Prince's. "It's packed in here." He chuckles.

I scoot over a bit in the purple love seat chair, "I know, here some room." I gesture the seat as he sits down. My eyes look down at my watch. "This thing was supposed to start thirty years ago..." I jokingly mumble under my breath and the man next to me laughs. "Oh sorry."

"No, you're right. I was having a last-minute meeting with Prince so that's why things are being held up." He explains then sticks out his hand. "I've seen some photos of you in his office, you must be Amelia Jackson. The photographer and lady of Prince."

Nodding along, I shake his hand while bushing slightly of his mention of me being the 'Lady of Prince', "If the 'lady of Prince' means his girlfriend then that's me and I am the photographer as well. Nice, you meet you..."

"Alexander Johnson, Prince's Tour Assistant. Nice to meet you as well, Amelia." Alexander smiles as our hands pull apart. He looks around the room seeing loads of people. "So are you excited for these next two years of being on the road?"

"Honestly, I'm a bit nervous," I said truthfully and he glances over. "I have only been to a few overseas shows with Prince but nothing like this. It's gonna be a weird yet fun experience to witness for two years." Alexander nods understanding me. "I'm guessing you are used to all of this."

He waves his hand giving the signal for '50/50'. "P has had me on for about ten years now, the 20ten is the only tour he didn't have me on because I had some family things to take care of. The traveling, lack of sleep, and making sure everything is perfect for Prince can be a lot, but I wouldn't change my job for my life." Some people were lowering their conversations when Prince walks into the area. His eyes view the whole room until he found me.

"Lack of sleep, now you are making me regret it." I crack a smile as we both laugh it off. Prince makes his way over to me holding two of his traveling water bottles. My head sits up waiting for him to come over.

He hands me the bottles and bends down, "Strawberry Banana." Prince has been getting me back into smoothies and healthier options since I told him that I want to eat a bit more clean. He tries his hardest to put hide bananas in things since I hate them. Once he leads back, "You met Alex?"

I grab the straw and nod. "We were just talking about you." I wink as Prince smirks, leaning back down to kiss my forehead then leaving smoothly. My direction turns to Alexander who was smiling. "So, can I call you Alex?"