48

August 22nd, 2011
•••Amelia•••

"Here he or she is. I would say you are just hitting the fifth-week mark." My primary doctor, Mira, says as I lay back on the bed looking over at the screen seeing some form of me and Prince's child. "This is around the time of forming and hearing of the heartbeat. Would you like to listen?"

"Oh yes, I would—Hold on." I reach over grabbing my phone. "The father doesn't know just yet but I want to record this for him." I shared with her as I unlocked my phone then hit record on my voice memo.

She goes on to find the heartbeat of our child. Moments later I could hear the thumping, she smiles widely and nods. Tears well up in my eyes hearing that wonderful sound. After a while, she stops and I finish the recording also wiping my eyes.

"Strong heartbeat. You are all checked to be healthy so I know this will be a safe pregnancy for you, Amelia." Mira cleans off the clear jelly on my stomach as I sat up fully. "And you should be growing in no time."

This whole time I thought I was gaining weight or just bloated when in reality I'm nearly six weeks pregnant. Prince didn't say a word about my weight, near says anything about my weight. I know he has noticed something when we have sex but usually, he has one mission and I don't think my squishy stomach is that mission.

I'm always wearing oversized shirts and shorts or a flowing summer dress that doesn't show much of anything. It's not huge or anything the resembles a baby bump but soon it will be.

"I'll set you with your prenatal vitamins, some things to look over with your partner and we can schedule your next appointment."

I pull my gown back down and nod along, "You said that you will be able to fax over my information to Minnesota, right? I haven't found a doctor there yet."

My doctor picks her clipboard while opening the door. "I have some flies of some physicians I know there and I can point you in the right direction." She smiles, "Get dressed and you can meet me at the front desk." She leaves out as I undid the ties of my gown to slip back into my clothes.

Hearing the official news that I am indeed pregnant makes me overjoyed and emotional. In my mind, I'm already thinking of ways to tell Prince because I don't want it to be ordinary. But I don't want it to be over the top either.

After getting all of the material I needed, I left the hospital with a pep in my step but I knew I had to calm down when I when back home or shall I say my mother's home now. She was fine with me staying for the night plus it gave us time to catch up. We spent last night talking about the wedding in which she put her input of Mari and Shawn should walk me down the aisle since my father is not here to do that.

It made me think of how my child won't be able to meet their grandfather on my side or Prince's. I didn't press on it too long because it was becoming depressing to think about.

"Okay..." I take a few deep breaths soon as I enter my car. I'm extremely overwhelmed and my mind is taking me everywhere. "You have to make a few stops then head back home."

Just at that moment, my cellphone begins to ring as I dug in my purse fishing around for it. I was met with the main number of Paisley Park and a picture of Prince and me doing our silly facial expression. A smile forms on my face brightly before hitting the answering button, instantly putting him on the speaker then sitting the phone in the passenger seat.

"Cello?" I called out funnily.

"Melia, what are you doing?" Prince's voice fills my car as I started it and strap on my seatbelt.

I roll my eyes, "Hello to you too." He just gets straight into the conversation. "P, you haven't known by now that you at least have to say 'Hello'."

"Hi." He chuckles in a small tone. "Now, what are you doing? Did you go to your appointment?"