13

September 3rd, 2010
Same day
•••Prince•••

"I'll be back, I need to grab my sunglasses." Amelia leans off of me pecking my lips. "And grab my phone to see if he calls or text me back." I know she's speaking of that little guy she was hanging with.

She leaves out as I look up to the sky silently thanking Jehovah for this blessing to not just have Amelia in my life but back in my arms. Who knew that my plan of bringing her on tour wouldn't really be needed but it's gonna help eventually. I have to get in contact with Arielle. We had this whole thing plan to make me come here more which will still happen but some things can be knocked out. I think I will still keep in contact with her sister because I've missed out on years of Amelia. Arielle told me many things that Amelia has been through and she wants to make her that I'm perfect for her sister.

I didn't plan on this happening so quickly but I'm happy we got things out the way. Nothing can hold us back now. Before it was so much that most doomed our relationship. From my marriage to Mayte, my problems ending the affair with Veronica and honestly if I'm being straightforward, Amelia's age did scare me.

She reminds me so much to my first wife that I didn't know if she was something I actually wanted or it was just because I thought she could be my 'second' Mayte. Amelia was twenty-three while I was forty-five. So young, So ambitious, So pure. I regret hurting her the way I did, now I depend on making it up to her.

My thoughts were stopped when I heard and saw the sliding door open. She strolls back onto the patio in her black sunglasses and her phone in her hands. Amelia raises her glasses taking a look at her phone.

"He called me." She said while taking a seat next to me. I watch her redial his number. My mind begins playing back what I saw last night.

That man touching what's always been mine. His lips on hers. I can picture her laughing at his corny jokes. I can see him making a sly move on her to be close to her. All of it makes me angry. The first time she told me about this Elliot guy, I remember being so angry but I was so happy knowing that she agreed to come on tour with me. After that conversation, I called Arielle.

/// F L A S H B A C K \\\

"Come on...pick up," I mumbled into the phone. Three rings and I hear someone pick up. "Arielle?"

"Prince? Why are you calling me at-" She pauses. "Eleven at night. You are lucky I was still up. What's going on?"

I huff, "Your sister is testing me."

Arielle laughs loudly. "And how is she testing you? Did you piss her off?"

I swear sometimes they think just alike...

"No. She's dating someone." I gritted my teeth still fresh with anger. My blood is pumping as I remember hearing some type of happiness in Amelia's voice. That happiness wasn't because of me.

"Dating? She told me about this one date she got tonight a few days ago. It was a setup thing, chill out." She explains to me. That's the same thing that Amelia told me.

I shook my head as if she could see me but Arielle keeps speaking. "Did she say yes about going on tour with you?"

"Yes but.."

"But nothing, Prince. You can't get mad at her for dating right now. I know you want her back but until she realizes want she really wants and you give her the love and support she needs then you have to just wait." Arielle tells me which brought down my hopes slightly. She sighs heavily, "I know you care about my sister. You are calling me and I'm helping you with this situation. The best thing for you to do is either sit there like a sad hopeless puppy in Minnesota or come here. You don't have any plans right?"