35 - 13 flaming shots

Palmer

I groan as my phone buzzes for the thousandth time on my nightstand. I roll over and put it on do not disturb. I need sleep. So fuck off.

Episode 7 aired last night at 5:00. The episode where I kiss Lexa. Where Emily kisses Ali. I could barely sit through the episode when I watched it with the cast. I'm still reeling from the whole experience. Kissing Lexa... it's not the same. She's not like Brooke, or Kiera, or any of the other girls I've spent a night with. Two, if they're lucky. But kissing Lexa... it felt like it meant something. It did to me. I couldn't manage to keep the hunger out of my lips when I kissed her the first time on set. Or the second time.

And the scene at the apartment, her body trembling beneath me... I worried she was nervous, which of course she doesn't have to be. She's a damn good kisser. Like, good. I never thought her tongue could...

Anyways. The episode aired and between the fans and the critics, everyone has something to say. My phone is blowing up with social media notifications, articles about me and Lexa, messages from the cast and family. You'd think the world is ending.

But I need to get some sleep before my interview with Lexa tomorrow. Of course the show's marketers got the two of us in with Jimmy Fallon on the Tonight Show. I'm excited, but nervous. He's going to pester the two of us about the kiss. And everything else.

I roll over again, facing the window. The curtain is drawn but street lights glare through. And I thought Boston was bad. I've only been home once since the show started, and it was about a month ago. I miss my family, Chloe and Nick. I haven't been to New York in even longer. But I'm flying tomorrow with Lexa for the show, private jet and everything. Maybe if we have time she can show me around where she grew up.

We've spent a lot of time together off the set, navigating around work and wedding planning. Of course I still check in on her eating habits, and I take her to the gym with me usually once a week. She's doing better. And it's so much fun having her at the gym with me. We made a deal with my trainer, Lucas, to take her on as well, and he happily agreed. I won't lie, I enjoy our time together there. Her t-shirt forgotten on the floor, sweat glistening on her chest, her curves shown off by tight leggings.

I groan again as my thoughts settle on Lexa. She seems to be the only thing I think about anymore. Like her laugh. Or her smile. Or her lips. Did I mention she's a really good kisser?

My thoughts carry me back to that day in the closet, nearly two weeks ago now. When we... kissed? We hardly touched each other. Her lips just barely brushed mine, and it took everything in me to not draw her in and kiss her harder. But she's engaged. The wedding is in a month, November 22. And she sort of kisses me in a closet? What the hell?

I fucking hate closets.

I sigh and force my eyes closed, burying myself in the blankets. I fall asleep to an image of her playing like a movie across my eyes.

────

"Are you ready for this?" I whisper to her as we stand behind the set of the Tonight Show.

Lexa smiles. "Nervous, Drake?"

"Yes," I admit.

She gives my hand a squeeze and quickly lets go. "You'll be fine, Palmer. Everyone out there already loves you."

"And none of them know me," I respond quietly. I take a deep breath. "I'm just..."

"Overthinking," she finishes for me.

I look over at her emerald eyes and find myself stuck. I could stay there forever, staring into those sparkling jewels. She wears a simple white blouse with flowing pastel green pants, while I stand in an informal black suit. Beneath the open blazer is the same tank top I wore the night at Joseph's when I threw her into the pool. When we almost kissed. She searches my eyes and one hand inches closer again. Her fingertips trace my open palm. And then Jimmy announces us to the audience.