55 - baby

Lexa

Palmer comes home half an hour later. "Sorry, there was traffic," she mumbles as she steps into the apartment. I'm sitting at the island but stand to meet her. "What do you need to tell me?" she asks. The look in her eyes tells me she already knows.

I take her hand and pull her to the couch. We both take a seat and I turn towards her, keeping her hand in mine. My eyes stay on the couch while I try to put words to my thoughts.

I take a deep breath and begin. "Palmer, it's been over a month since I broke things off with James. And you've been there for me the whole time. And I don't think I ever really thanked you." I pause, searching her face for a reaction. She remains impassive.

"It's no secret that we've gotten... close, since the show started. Especially this past month. And we both know... we could be more than friends. You've told me how you feel about me, but I haven't told you how I feel." I tighten my grip on her hand and stare into her eyes. I fight to keep my voice steady through the nerves. "I like you, Palmer. I like you a lot. But I was scared to tell you, because I love our friendship and I don't want to ruin it. I don't want to screw things up with you."

I lean closer to her and bring one hand to her cheek. "The reason I get so mad when I see you kissing someone else, is because... I want you to be kissing me. I want to be the girl pinned between you and a wall."

Palmer shifts forward and her hands wrap around my waist. My voice drops to a whisper. "I'm sorry it's taken me so long to understand this. I'm sorry for these past few weeks, I really am. I said I wanted to be ready. Ready to kiss you, touch you... love you. I'm ready now."

Palmer finally breaks her silence. "Can I kiss you?"

I smile. Instead of answering, I bring both my hands to her face and capture her lips in mine. She slides forward and draws me into her lap, her hands holding me tight to her body. Her lips work against mine, soft and passionate. She runs her tongue over my bottom lip and my mouth parts, welcoming her with pleasure. Our tongues swirl against each other and I moan softly into her mouth.

I've kissed Palmer before. When it was scripted, when a camera was on us, when it wasn't us. But here, she's kissing me because she wants to, not because she has to. This isn't a role we're playing; it's emotion and warmth wrapped up in her lips. Electricity shoots through my veins and all I want is Palmer.

She tastes sweet like candy and I nip at her bottom lip. She forces her tongue back into my mouth as the kisses grow rougher. A moment later we part for air. I take a gulping breath and move back to her mouth. Her hand pushes gently on my chest and I break away.

I search Palmer's eyes. She smiles. "It's better without the cameras."

"Yes, it is."

Palmer runs her hands up and down my back. "Lex?"

"Yeah?" I can't help but stare at her lips. I want her to just shut up and kiss me. But I know if she has something to say then it's important.

"Can we take this slow?"

I smile, part of me relieved. Like I said before-I don't want to screw this up by rushing things. "Of course."

Palmer pecks my lips. "Thank you."

I wrap my arms around her shoulders in a hug. She holds me tightly and I take in the smell of her skin. "I've waited so long to do that," I mumble into her neck.

Palmer laughs and the sound vibrates through her body. "Me too."

After holding her for a few minutes I nuzzle my head against her neck. Her body tenses and then relaxes as my lips brush her skin. I smile to myself and kiss her neck harder. I trail from her collarbone to her jaw, stopping just before her lips. "Do you want to watch a movie?"