3 - twister

Palmer

I open the door to my hotel room and stand frozen in the doorway. The place is huge. Like, penthouse huge. The door opens into a grand living room. Two plush couches sit on a soft rug, angled towards a fireplace with a flat screen TV hanging over it. Modern art adorns the walls. On the left is a full kitchen. Full-sized fridge, oven, microwave, even a dishwasher. The counter wraps around the wall and an island sits in the center, two bar stools tucked away underneath. Past the kitchen is a dining room, a long wooden table with fresh flowers sitting in the center.

I take a few steps forward and close the door behind me. I turn to the right and walk through an open door into the master suite. A king bed rests in the center with six pillows resting beneath the soft, blue-grey headboard. Another flat screen TV hangs opposite the bed. The windows stretch from floor to ceiling on the far wall, curtains drawn back to let the sun in. A barn door rolls away to expose the opening of an adjoining bathroom. A double vanity sits across from the doorway, a full standing shower on the opposite wall. The toilet is tucked away past the shower and across from it sits a bathtub. I walk over, smiling to myself when I notice the jets in the side. It's closer to the size of a hot tub.

I head back to the bedroom and flop onto the bed, my suitcase forgotten at the entrance. I pull my phone out and facetime Chloe. She answers immediately.

"Bro, this place is huge!" I exclaim as soon as the picture loads. By request, I give her a room tour.

"Next time you go to Vegas you're taking me with you," Chloe exclaims as I show her the bedroom.

I check my watch. "Oh, crap. I have to go back downstairs, we're meeting in ten minutes."

"Take me with you? Please..." Chloe begs.

I laugh in response. "Sure, Chlo. Until they all show up, at least." I switch the audio to my AirPods and head back out the door, making sure the room key is tucked into my wallet. Chloe gawks at everything she sees, including a group of young men that pass me on the way to the elevator.

When we get to the lobby, I head to one of the couches in the foyer. I smile at Brian as I pass the desk.

Chloe notices and interrogates me about it. "Who was that? Palmer? Don't tell me you've already hooked up with someone."

I laugh quietly. "Come on, Chloe, how much of a slut do you think I am?"

"Very much a slut."

I roll my eyes playfully and explain to her it's only the guy behind the desk as I take a seat. We talk for another few minutes when I glance up and notice a couple sitting on the couch across from me. Making out. The girl practically sits in the guys lap. I roll my eyes. We're in a hotel; they can literally walk over to the desk and get a room.

Chloe sees the judgmental expression on my face. "What is it, Palm?"

I look back to my phone. "Oh, nothing, just some straight couple playing Twister on the couch in front of me."

Chloe laughs and asks me to flip the camera view. I shake my head with a smile but do it anyway, subtly angling the phone so Chloe can see. I quickly switch the view back to me as Chloe makes a face, sticking her tongue out. "Aren't you at a hotel?"

"Yep." She laughs on the other end and I check my watch again. "Hang on Chlo, I'm going to text the others and see if anyone else is here yet."

I swipe to the home screen and open iMessage, finding the cast group chat.

13 Flames

hi, is anyone here yet? i'm in the lobby