18 - cut

Palmer

I close the door behind me, struggling to wipe the smile off my face. I see myself in the mirror and shake my head at my joyful expression.

Still wearing a slight smile, I head to my closet. I strip to my underwear and contemplate what to wear. I roll my eyes, annoyed I care so much. It's just Lexa.

I settle on a tight, white ribbed tank top with ripped jean shorts and vintage reeboks. I stop at the vanity to wipe off my makeup. I don't like to wear a lot but I put on extra for the show. Once my face is bare, I take a moment to do my mascara and eyeliner. When I'm finished I stick my tongue out at the mirror and hold up a peace sign.

I grab my wallet and phone, sticking them in my back pockets, and head for the door. I cross the hall to Lexa's room and knock lightly. I don't hear an answer. I shrug and turn the knob, cracking the door open and holding it there. Still, no reply. I take it as confirmation to enter and push the door open.

My eyes catch a glimpse of naked skin in the wall of mirrors. It takes me a second for my actions to catch up with my brain and I jump back into the hallway, slamming the door behind me. My eyes stare at the orange flame decal with Lexa's name printed across it.

"Fuck," I whisper. I step away from the door and tangle one hand in my hair.

"Fuck," I say louder.

Alex and Peyton stick their heads out of their dressing rooms, both hearing me. "Palmer?"

"Fuck!" I practically shout it now, rushing down the hallway and grabbing each of their wrists. I drag them out the door and through the building until we stand outside the main entrance. I let go but take off down the street.

"Palmer!" Peyton calls after me. "Where are you going?"

I ignore them and walk until I reach a bench halfway down the block. I take a seat and wait for the others to catch up. My eyes stare at the rushing cars on the road in front of me. Maybe I should step into traffic. It'd probably hurt less than the conversation I'll be having later.

"Palmer, what the hell is wrong with you?" Alex frowns as he sits to my left. Peyton slides in on my right.

"Lexa and I were going to grab lunch."

"Yeah?" Alex raises an eyebrow. I ignore his expression.

"So I knocked on her door, no one answered, but it was unlocked and I went in. To find her riding her fucking fiancée on the couch."

"Oh, shit," Peyton gasps.

"Like, riding?"

I roll my eyes. "No, Alex, they were just sitting on top of each other naked." I throw my hands up. "They were completely fucking!"

"What happened when you walked in?" Peyton asks.

"No idea. I couldn't get out of there fast enough."

Alex shakes his head, trying not to laugh. "Holy shit, Palmer."

I punch his leg but fail to hide my smile. "It's not fucking funny." They both laugh now and I fail to control my own giggles. I take a deep breath, regaining my composure a moment later.

"How much did you see?" Alex wonders.

"Not much. Seeing as he was physically inside her." But I may have gotten a nice side view of Lexa.

"Damnit, Palmer, you two are so complicated," Peyton shakes her head.

"What? No, we're not. There isn't anything to complicate."