56 - it's finally happening

Lexa

Monday morning Palmer holds the door for me as we enter the set. My hand slips into hers and she shoots me a smile. We've barely taken two steps when Alex runs up to us.

He opens his mouth to say something, notices our fingers interlocked, and stops short. He looks between each of us, his eyes wide. "Is it finally happening?" he breathes.

Palmer and I look at each other, smiles on our faces, and then back to him.

"It's finally happening," he whispers. "IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING!" Alex screams the phrase, pumping both fists in the air. He turns and sprints into the set. "It's happening! It's happening!"

I laugh and Palmer squeezes my hand before pulling me off to the dressing rooms. By the time people realize what's going on, we're in the safety of her dressing room. She breathes out in relief and I keep laughing. Palmer grins and joins me in the center of the room.

"That was fun," she says.

I lean in closer. "Let's have some more."

I draw her lips to mine, my hands cupping her face. She hugs my waist and I deepen our kiss. A moment later the door swings open.

"Yes!" Peyton screams.

Palmer starts laughing, ruining our kiss. I pull away but keep my eyes on her. Peyton files into the room along with Alex, Brayden, and Matt. I finally look at them and drop my hands from Palmer's face, but she keeps an arm around my waist.

"Is it actually happening? For real?" Peyton asks.

I meet Palmer's eyes and nod. Peyton squeals in excitement.

"Took you two long enough," Brayden jokes.

"Well sleeping with you probably didn't help the process," I say passive-aggressively.

Palmer smiles and shakes her head while Brayden blushes. "I thought we were past that."

"Eh."

"Anyways!" Alex interrupts. "This is awesome. I'm so happy for you guys."

"Thanks, Alex," Palmer says.

Matt clasps his hands together, holding them in front of his face. "This is perfect. Your chemistry is going to be so good!" Matt nearly jumps up and down. "I have so many ideas! I love this."

I laugh along with the others. Palmer pulls me closer, glancing at me sideways. "Actually, we were hoping we could keep this quiet?"

I give her a soft smile, letting her know it's okay to continue. "We just don't really want the entire world to know. Not this soon," she adds.

Matt nods his head. "Of course. I'll make sure marketing knows."

"And you," Palmer turns to Alex, "if you could stop screaming it to everyone, that'd be great."

"Copy that, Commander."

I gaze into Palmer's eyes and the room goes quiet for a minute. She bites her bottom lip, a twinkle in her eyes.

"Don't you guys have work to do?" I address the others, not breaking Palmer's gaze.

"We start filming in twenty," Matt says before leaving. Brayden and Peyton move to follow but Alex stays put.

I glance at him and he smirks. "I'm waiting."

I roll my eyes and flip him off. "Get the fuck out."

Palmer laughs and Alex trudges out the door, closing it behind him. I turn back to Palmer, my hands finding the back of her neck. "Alone at last," I whisper.