don't need no mistletoe

Warnings: none :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was going to be alright. No need to stress out, right? Right.

Today, the Evan’s we're hosting a Christmas party at their home. You and Scott have been friends since High School even though you were older than him, you were Chris’s age. But he obviously had to invite his bestie to the party. 

You wore a red velvet dress that had white cotton on the neckline, at the end of the sleeves, and at the end of the dress. The dress was tight but not to the point where it suffocated you. It fitted your form perfectly and ended in the middle of your thigh.

“Look at my girl! You look stunning, Y/n!” Scott greeted you.

“Thanks, Scotty. You look quite handsome too.” 

“Always honey, always.” You both softly laughed.

As you both walked over to the table with drinks, you accidentally ran into Chris. Scott, knowing how you felt about Chris, decided to walk away.

“Woah, careful.” He said.

“S-sorry.” You were always nervous around Chris due to the fact that you had a huge crush on him since High School.

“Y/n?” He asked in a surprised manner.

“Yes,” you chuckled “Hey, Chris.”

He hugged you. “I didn’t recognize you! You’ve changed.”

You softly laughed. “Puberty did the trick for me.”

He laughed. “You were always beautiful. I’m guessing Scott invited you, right?”

“Yes, he did. I don’t know where he went though, but yeah.” Chris’s gaze danced up and down your body and face.

“We don’t need him, c’mon.” He held his arm out and you took it.

He walked you outside and you started to be very thankful for bringing a jacket because it was very cold. 

As you walked around the neighborhood, you talked about college, your jobs, his successful acting career and everything you had missed about the other.

“Did you know that back in the day, I had the hugest crush on you?” He asked.

That surprised you, especially since you always had a crush on him. Even now.

You laughed, “I had no idea. And to be honest, I had a crush on you too.” I still do.

“No way!” You both laughed.

“And we missed the chance of being together?” He said and shook his head as he couldn’t believe it.

You bit your lip and thought, If only we could have that chance now.

As you were lost in your train of thoughts, you didn’t notice you had actually stopped walking and Chris was now staring at you.

“Oh sorry. I got distracted.”

“It’s ok. But we can’t really move from this spot. Unless…”

“Huh? Why can’t we move?”

He looked upwards leading you to look up too. And there it was. Stuck to the light pole, a mistletoe.

This can’t be more cliche, I swear.

“Y/n, would you give me the honor to kiss you under the mistletoe and make up for losing our chance in High School?” He softly smiled.

You stayed silent for a few seconds but softly nodded.

Chris placed his hand on your cheek and rubbed his thumb on it back and forth. Looking deep into your eyes, he leaned in and kissed your lips softly. 

Your hands were placed on his waist and his other hand now rested on yours.

Pulling back for air, you said, “Maybe we should get back to the party.” 

Even though you just kissed, that didn’t mean he liked you back. It was because of a mistletoe for goodness sake. Reuniting with him could give you the chance to at least be friends and you didn’t want to ruin that.

You tried to move away from him but he didn’t let you.

“Wait,” he chuckled, “seeing you today actually made me realize that my crush for you hasn't really gone away. At all.” He spoke in a nervous manner and chuckled once he finished.

You were surprised. But it was a good surprise.

“M-mine e-either.” You both laughed.

“I guess this is where I ask you on a date then. Umm, Y/n... I-” He started to get nervous.

You chuckled, “I’d love to.”

He smiled at you and kissed you again.

“Trust me, I won’t ever need a mistletoe to kiss you again, sweetheart.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hope you guys enjoyed this imagine! Any requests? Don't be afraid to message me or write them in the comments! Love you <3