when will you realize it's me

Warnings: none :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“I totally agree, it was hilarious!”

You were currently at Robert’s house. The Avengers cast decided to do a small get together at Robert’s and, because you were now a part of the MCU, you were there. 

Everyone was sitting with their respective partners, except for you and Sebastian. 

“So Y/n, how are you and Chris doing?” Robert asked.

You laughed, “What?”

“You can’t deny you like the Dorito man, come on.”

Oh boy. You instantly blushed because of course it was true. You’ve liked Chris since the moment you met him on set. He was sweet and funny, you had an immediate crush on him.

“You should tell him, ya know.” Sebastian was the only person you actually confessed this to. He constantly encouraged you to be brave and tell Chris, but you always chickened out. 

“Yeah Y/n! It’s so obvious you two like each other. It’s getting really frustrating to not see you together.” Scarlett added. 

“What makes you think he likes me back?” You chuckled. It’s impossible. He’ll never see me that way.

“Are you serious!? What makes you think he doesn’t? He’s always asking for you whenever you’re not around and forgets everyone else when you walk in the room.”

“That idiot likes you just as much as you like him. Trust us.” Anthony added.

You know what? I’ll tell him. “You guys are right, I should tell him. And I will. As soon as he gets here, I’ll confess everything.” 

Everyone started cheering and encouraging you. In all honesty, you don’t even know how you took that sudden decision. Maybe it was the effect of the alcohol you already had in your system.

The doorbell rang. “I’ll get it.”

Robert stood up and opened the door to greet another guest. It was Chris, actually. Although, he wasn’t alone.

“Hey, everyone! This is Charlotte.” He had his hand behind her back as he introduced her to everyone. 

You immediately felt your heart shatter. I took too long. I should’ve told him before he found someone else. 

Everyone greeted Charlotte and just stared back at you. You could hear them whispering amongst each other.

Chris sat next to you, Charlotte on the other side of him, with a hand on his thigh. 

“Hey, how are you?” He whispered.

You faked a smile and answered, “I’m good.”

The evening went on and Charlotte eventually left. All you wanted to do was leave as well. You couldn’t even bear to look at Chris without feeling the need to sob your heart out. 

“Rob, would you mind if I got another beer?” 

“Sure, they’re in the kitchen.”

“Thanks.”

You walked to the kitchen and opened the fridge, taking a beer out. When you turned around you realized Chris had followed you.

“Hey.”

You just smiled back.

“You ok?”

“Why wouldn’t I be?”

“You haven’t even looked at me throughout the whole evening.”

“So?”

“What the heck is happening? What did I do for you to just ignore me the entire day?”

Ugh, that’s it. “What did you do? You brought someone else here! Maybe I’m being selfish but you have no idea how much it hurt me to see you with some other girl.”

“Wha-”

You interrupted him, “I like you ok? I have feelings for you! And I have for a while now! To a certain degree, I thought you might have felt the same way, but clearly you just want to be all over Charlie.”

“Charlotte.”

“I don’t care what she’s called!” At this point you were screaming. You were obviously hurt, but now you just felt frustrated. How could I ever believe he liked me back? How stupid. 

You just stared at each other, tears streaming down your face. 

“I don’t like her! I like you, Y/n.”

“Oh, bullshit.”

“I brought her here because I thought you’d bring someone else. I thought it would hurt less if I brought someone because I can’t even imagine you being with someone that isn’t me!”

“How can I believe you?”

“Because I love you!" Silence.

"Charlotte is one of Scott’s friends, she’s not my date. I don’t even know what her last name is, to be honest.”

You both chuckled.

“You love me?”

“Yes, with every ounce of my body Y/n.”

He walked over to where you were standing and placed you on top of the kitchen island, pressing your foreheads together.

“I’ve been waiting for us to happen.” He smiled like the biggest dork on the planet.

You giggled, “Me too.”

He shifted his gaze to your lips and then back at your eyes. You both slowly started to lean in, brushing your lips together, until you finally kissed. The kiss was slow but passionate. You both poured out your feelings onto that one kiss. 

“Well, look at that!”

You turned around to see the entire cast smiling and clapping at you two. Both you and Chris were blushing from embarrassment but couldn’t stop smiling.

“Congratulations, dorks.” Sebastian winked at you and you just laughed. 

“Who wants to play beer pong?” Anthony screamed.

Everyone cheered and left the kitchen to play.

“Wanna beat the hell outta them in beer pong?”

“Yes, maam.” You smiled and kissed once more. 

You were finally where you wanted to be, with the person you wanted to be with.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you guys enjoyed this imagine! Remember to vote! <3