the christmas list: #1

Warnings: None 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Let’s do it all!” Chris exclaimed.

You laughed at how much he resembled a child whenever he talked about Christmas. “Fine.”

“Yes!” He hissed.

You pulled out the list from your pocket and handed it to him. 

When you were younger, your family wrote a list of activities to do for Christmas. The list contained twelve activities which you began on December twelfth all the way until the twenty-fourth; Christmas eve. 

Chris knew about this list, but now that you were married, he was eager to do all the activities.

“So we start today, right?” He asked.

“Yep.” You couldn’t stop smiling at his excitement.

“Activity number one: Christmas Tree.” Chris sighed.

The entire house was decorated, but you still didn’t have a Christmas tree. Whenever you went looking for trees, you’d like different ones and never agreed on one. Eventually, you gave up. But now that he wanted to complete the list, a Christmas tree was a must.

“Are you serious?” He made you chuckle.

Shrugging, you said, “You wanted the list.”

He groaned, “Fine.”

~~~

After forty minutes, you found yourself with the same dilemma. You both wanted different trees.

Dodger whimpered of boredom, and gave you an idea. 

“Dodger will choose the tree.” You announced.

“What?!” He turned to look at Chris.

“We can’t decide. So he can.” You smiled and, after thinking for a few seconds, Chris nodded approvingly.

“Go pick us a tree, cutie.” Dodger stood up after you rubbed his ears. 

The mixed-breed boxer stood looking at the trees for a minute before walking towards a small, almost empty looking tree, and sat down beside it.

“It almost has no leaves.” Chris complained.

“Dodger picked, and now we buy.” 

Even though it wasn’t your ordinary Christmas tree, the decorations and love you put into it made it look beautiful.

Chris ended up loving it and made you promise that you’d let Dodger pick again next year.

“Activity number two better be food related.” Chris hugged you from behind.

You laughed softly, “Merry Christmas.”   

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey everyone! It's been A WHILE. I know this imagine was rather short but I'm slowly getting my motivation back so be patient with me lol.
I hope you enjoyed this imagine and thank you for the support despite being inactive. Ily! <3