am I unlovable?

Warnings: some angst

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Your hand was now on the door knob. You were about to do something you never imagined doing. Breaking up with Chris.

Breaking up with him wasn't something you wanted to do. You just had to. For him.

Chris's manager arranged a meeting with you and dropped the bomb on you. Chris got the role of the lead in his dream Broadway play. Ever since you met him, he told you how his dream was to be a part of that one play.

However, his manager told you that if you kept dating she would tell the directors of the play that Chris wasn't interested. Aside from that, she told you that you gave Chris bad publicity by dating him. The last thing you wanted was to be the cause of a downfall on his career.

As you walked in the room the two of you shared, Chris greeted you with a smile.

He walked up to you and leaned in for a kiss but you pulled back before your lips touched.

Instantly frowning, he asked, "Sweetheart, what's wrong?"

You looked down, "We gotta talk."

As you both sat on the bed, you grabbed his hands and tried hard to get the words out.

"This isn't working anymore, Chris." You whispered.

His mouth parted slightly in shock. "Wh-what do y-you mean? Why-"

"I don't love you anymore." Lies. I do love you, more than anything.

His eyes watered and he just stared at you. You were looking down at your entwined hands, tears falling down your face.

"You don't? Did I do anything wrong? Babe, h-how can I f-fix this? Y/n-"

"Chris!" You raised your voice and stood up from the bed. "I- just don't feel it anymore."

Tears left his ocean blue eyes and his voice cracked as he called your name once again, "Y/n, please-"

You walked to the door but before leaving you turned to look at him. He was crying, looking desperate. He loved you more than anything and this was crushing him. What could he have done to make you stop loving him? What he didn't know was that you did love him. You were just protecting his career. His dream.

"Goodbye, Chris." You walked out and closed the door behind you.

You sprinted out of the house and locked yourself in your car, sobbing.

While you cried your heart out in the car, Chris was left crying in the bedroom.

However, he was crying and looking at something he had on his hand.

As he stared into what would've been your engagement ring, he asked himself the same question over and over. Am I unlovable?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you guys enjoyed this imagine even though it was a little angsty. Also, HAPPY LATE NEW YEAR!
Any requests? Comment down below!