insecure jealousy

Warnings: none :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

High school. Not your fondest memories but here you were. Today, your school was hosting a high school reunion for your senior class. You were very nervous, though. It was no secret that you were an academy award winning actress and that your boyfriend was Captain America himself. You just hoped it wouldn’t be crazy. Believe it or not, you did miss some of these people and was really looking forward to reconnecting with them.

Chris squeezed your hand as you were about to enter the school’s gym. “It’ll be great!”

You nodded, “Yeah, you’re right.”

As you walked in everyone greeted you. It was very nice to see how much everyone changed and how amazing they all were as the grown adults they were now. But then you saw your best friend. You both locked eyes and screamed each other’s names. You guys were like siblings back in high school. You and him dated for like two months but decided being best friends was way better.

You practically jogged to each other and hugged.

“Look at you, Y/n! You look so beautiful! I missed you!”

“Oh I missed you so much too, Oliver.”

“Wanna get a drink?”

“Sure! Oh, this is Chris. Chris, this was the best person ever in high school, Oliver.”

They shook hands and Chris clenched his jaw. You could tell by the look in his eyes, he wasn’t liking this at all.

The three of you walked to a table where drinks were being served and sat down. You and Oliver talked about everything and anything. It felt so good to talk with your best friend again. Your friendship hadn’t changed at all, and you were grateful for that. 

“I’ll go to the bathroom.” 

“Ok.” Chris stood up and you kept talking with Oliver.

As Chris was walking back, he saw you laughing at something Oliver had said, with your hand on his arm. He couldn’t help it but clench his fists. The jealousy rushing through him was intense. But then the insecurities hit. You and Oliver had been best friends when you were teenagers. He probably knows you very well and vice versa. He couldn’t help but think of you two as something else. What if you dumped him for Oliver? What if you loved Oliver and not him? 

“Chris, this was the best person ever in high school, Oliver.” The sentence echoed in his mind. He thought this was it. After going back home, you’d probably tell him something changed. You’d probably tell him Oliver made you feel better.

He walked back to the car. He didn’t want to see much more of his girlfriend and some other guy.

You noticed him just as he was exiting the gym. 

“I got to go, Oliver.” 

“Oh ok. Everything fine?”

“I don’t think so. It was lovely to see you again.” You hugged him and hurriedly left the gym.

As you were nearing the car you came in, you saw him sitting in the driver’s seat.

You opened the door to the passengers seat, sat down, and closed the door. 

“Chris? Babe?”

“Hmm? Had fun?” His voice was cold. You couldn’t really decipher what emotion it was supposed to show. 

“Chris, are you ok? What 's wrong?”

He looked at you and you locked eyes with each other. His eyes glossy.

“Nothing.” But you knew him better than this. Something was definitely wrong.

“Chris. Babe, what’s wrong? I know you.”

He sighed and looked straight ahead into the parking lot, “Do you love me?”

“Babe, how could you even ask that? Yes, I love you. My entire heart belongs to you, my dork.”

He looked at you with unsure eyes. And that’s when you knew what was wrong. Oliver. He thought you’d rather spend your time with Oliver and leave him.

“No. Chris, no. This is about Oliver, isn’t it?” He remained silent and didn’t even move.

“Babe, I love you. You and only you. Oliver is just my childhood friend.”

“Who was your boyfriend for some time.”

“Right. But that time meant nothing to me. Our relationship means everything to me. If I ever lost you, my entire heart would burn into ashes and never come back. ” You held his hand.

“You’re not leaving me for Oliver?”

You giggled, “No, dork. I literally left Oliver without even a proper goodbye because I came running here to see what was wrong with you. I don’t want Oliver. I want Chris. I want the love of my life.”

He smiled and kissed you.

All night, you made sure he knew how much you loved him. And he made sure you knew how much he loved you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you enjoyed! Vote! <3